TOPIC: SACRIFICE THE TRIGGER FOR ACTIVATING THE BLESSING
Scripture: Genesis 22: 17. That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;
Beloved,, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter! Today is the last day of the month. And we have been looking at the theme, THE BLESSING BY VISION.
We have seen what is the blessing and what is vision! We have also seen how vision affects the blessing. To wrap it up, we shall be considering the trigger of sacrifice for activating the blessing.
All through the Bible are men who activated the blessing via sacrifice. Sacrifice is a powerful trigger for the release of the blessing.
Once it is deployed, the blessing is bound to come out forcefully. You cannot be sacrificial to God in your living and not end up in the blessing. Men who understand this principle live practically sacrificial lives.
Example of men who are sacrificial to God and the blessing followed them;
1. Noah: He built an altar and sacrificed to God, the next thing we hear is that the Lord blessed him.
Genesis 8: 20. And Noah builded an altar unto the LORD; and took of every clean beast, and of every clean fowl, and offered burnt offerings on the altar.
Genesis 9: 1. And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth.
2. Abraham: He was instructed by God to sacrifice his only son Isaac(Gen.22:2). He obeyed promptly without delay to the point of pulling out the sword to kill his son as a sacrifice to God, God had to interrupt the whole thing and pronounced upon him a sworn blessing.
Genesis 22: 16. And said, By myself have I sworn, saith the LORD, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son: 17. That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;
3. Solomon: He offered sacrifice to God and the next thing we hear was that God appeared to him in the dream asking him what he wanted. From that dream encounter Solomon woke up a blessed man.
1 Kings 3: 4. And the king went to Gibeon to sacrifice there; for that was the great high place: a thousand burnt offerings did Solomon offer upon that altar. 5. In Gibeon the LORD appeared to Solomon in a dream by night: and God said, Ask what I shall give thee.
1 Kings 3: 13. And I have also given thee that which thou hast not asked, both riches, and honour: so that there shall not be any among the kings like unto thee all thy days. 15. And Solomon awoke; and, behold, it was a dream. And he came to Jerusalem, and stood before the ark of the covenant of the LORD, and offered up burnt offerings, and offered peace offerings, and made a feast to all his servants.
The list continues of men who were sacrificial to God and in turn God blessed them. For the brevity of time and space I have chosen only these three.
However, everyone that operated by sacrifice were also men of vision. In other words, men of vision are men of sacrifice.
The volume of your sacrifice is defined by your vision. If you are not willing to make sacrifices then it means you don’t have a vision. All through the month you will agree with me that the blessing comes by vision.
Remember this; Heaven is real and hell is real. The vision of heaven you have received determines how you live each day of your life on earth. Give your heart to Jesus if you haven’t done so today.
– Father thank you for your word to me today.
– Father help me to live a life of sacrificial giving towards God and humanity in Jesus name.
– I prophesy the blessing that makes rich and that changes people story to come upon you now in the name of Jesus.
– The voice of sacrifice which you have made shall be heard in the heavenlies and rewarded accordingly in Jesus mighty name.
From your brother Alex
God bless you.