IF ANY OF US WANTS TO SUSTAIN THIS NEW WAVE OF GLORY, WE MUST LEARN TO GIVE HIM THANKS
- Pastor J. F. Odesola at RCCG 69th Annual Convention Tagged ‘A New Wave Of Glory’
- Let us give Him glory and magnify His majesty.
‘Sustaining the New Wave Of Glory‘
Paul the Apostle who wrote half of the books in the New Testament was led by the Holy Spirit to teach the Galatians about Sustaining their Blessing. What Paul thought for the Galatians is good for us in this particular time. It is one thing to experience the new wave of glory, it is another thing to retain the new wave of glory.
Paul said stand fast, God cannot fail like in Genesis 17:1.
We have our part to keep.
How do I sustain the New Wave Of Glory?
In the text we read, Paul said stand fast therefore in the liberty which you have been made free, don’t be entangled again. He has given us a new wave, we have to make a decision to sustain it, God’s part, your part.
John 5:1-14, when He found him, He said to him don’t go back to where you are coming from so that what you have suffered for 38 years will not come back to you.
What can we do to sustain the blessings of this new wave of glory?
- Stay connected to the Giver of the new wave of glory: Stay connected to Him, God has no problem in releasing blessings. Genesis 3:1-3, Exodus 3:14. He has no problem but we need to play our part.
John 15:1-10, Jesus said without me you can do nothing. Every river that is disconnected from the source will die.
- You must become His ambassador, a worker for Him: God doesn’t release a new wave of glory for the fun of it.
Exodus 5:1, Exodus 9:1, He said let my people go that they may serve me.
2 Corinthians 5:20, Paul declared that we are his ambassadors.
Jeremiah 51:20:21, God confirms to us that we are His battle axe. Ambassador is someone who represents his country and his president in a foreign land.
In this new wave of glory, we need to represent Him, carry blessings, we have been empowered to heal.
- Obedience to all the commandments: Instructions have been given, various things have been shown to us directing us to the Bible.
Isaiah 1:19, said if you are willing and obedient, you will eat the good of the land. Every instruction of God is to be obeyed.
The Lord said to Saul in 1 Samuel 15:22, to obey is better than sacrifice. There is partial obedience, in-complete obedience, 1 Kings 13, adjusted obedience and delayed obedience. What God said at that time, He is still saying it, to obey is better than sacrifice.
- Faithfulness in all areas of life: it is expected of a servant to obey his master. Jesus was talking to his disciple, he said anyone faithful in little things is regarded to be faithful in all areas. The new wave of glory has turned everyone into a powerhouse of God and we need to be faithful to the gift that God has given us.
- Cultivate the heart of thanksgiving: learn to praise God.
The Word of God said in Psalms 103:1-5, we need to cultivate the heart of thanksgiving.
Luke 17:12-19, some leprous people saw Jesus coming and when they did they shouted for help and he said go and show yourself to the priest, they were all jumping and they went to the priest.
A samaritan as he was jumping he remembered Jesus Christ and he turned with a loud voice, I ask myself what was Jesus still doing in that spot?
He was waiting for appreciation. Refuse to take God for granted, let your appreciation be greater than your expectation. Remember, your gratitude shapes your attitude towards God.
Jesus said, were there not ten cleansed? Only one came back and Jesus said receive wholeness.
If any of us wants to sustain this new wave of glory, we must learn to give Him thanks.
1 Peter 2:9, everyone that is born again, is a royal priesthood.
Revelation 5:10, Malachi 2:1-2, the only way for your blessing to be retained is by appreciating Him but you cannot genuinely appreciate Him if you have not given your life to Jesus, if you have given your life to Jesus, you must appreciate Him.
The first step for people who will have their blessings sustained, it is to surrender to Jesus. Wherever you are please come forward so that you can receive Him, if you have backslid and you want to rededicate your life, please come, the Almighty God will bless you.