OPEN HEAVEN DEVOTIONAL
DATE: SUNDAY JUNE 5TH 2022
THEME: TEACH THEM TO SEEK GOD
MEMORISE: Seek the LORD and his strength, seek his face continually. 1 Chronicles 16:11
READ: Psalms 9:10
10 And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.
Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them; Ecclesiastes 12:1
The above passage says that the best time for anyone to remember God is when the fellow is young. The best time for your children to seek Him is when they are young. God says in Proverbs 8:17:
I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.
Tell your children to seek God early, before it is too late for them to find Him. Some young people say they will start seeking God after they have amassed material wealth. Let them know that you cannot truly ‘make it’ in life without your Maker. What the world calls ‘making it’ is only a façade. Many people who seem to have ‘made it’ look good on the outside, but inside, they are battling some terrible things. Urge your children to start seeking God now so that they can really be successful in life. Hebrews 11:6 says:
… and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
God is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. In other words, if you don’t seek Him diligently, don’t expect any reward. Psalm 34:10 says:
The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the LORD shall not want any good thing.
You have to teach your children that every good thing that they can ever want is in the Lord. Teach your children to seek the Lord and they will never lack any good thing. Teach them how to study the Bible. It is a pity that many people do Bible Study when they get to Church, but at home they rush the devotion. You have to teach them how to dig deep into the Scriptures and get revelations as they read their Bible. Teach them to ask God for whatever they want before they come and ask you. That is how you build in them the zeal to speak to God.
Teach your children to seek God
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalm 9-11
AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A ADEBOYE
HYMN 14: NEARER MY GOD TO THEE
1. Nearer, my God, to thee, Nearer to thee! E’en though it be a cross That raiseth me. Still all my song shall be Nearer, my God, to thee, Nearer, my God, to thee, Nearer to thee!
2. Though like the wanderer, The sun gone down, Darkness be over me, My rest a stone, Yet in my dreams I’d be Nearer, my God, to thee, Nearer, my God, to thee, Nearer to thee!
3. There let the way appear, Steps unto heav’n; All that thou sendest me, In mercy giv’n; Angels to beckon me Nearer, my God, to thee, Nearer, my God, to thee, Nearer to thee!
4. Then with my waking thoughts Bright with thy praise, Out of my stony griefs Bethel I’ll raise; So by my woes to be Nearer, my God, to thee, Nearer, my God, to thee, Nearer to thee!
5. Or if, on joyful wing Cleaving the sky, Sun, moon, and stars forgot, Upward I fly, Still all my song shall be Nearer, my God, to thee, Nearer, my God, to thee, Nearer to thee.
Spread the loveOPEN HEAVEN DEVOTIONAL DATE: MONDAY JUNE 20TH 2022 THEME: FATHER, WHERE ARE YOU? …