TOPIC : IT IS TIME FOR THANKSGIVING
Scripture: 2 Samuel 22: 50. Therefore I will give thanks unto thee, O LORD, among the heathen, and I will sing praises unto thy name.
Beloved, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter!
You are welcome to the month of April! So our subject today say it is time to give thanks!
Beloved, it is time to give thanks for the successful completion of the first quarter of 2022, God deserves our thanks! God has spared our lives for the past 90days in the year 2022!
To God alone be all the glory!
It is quite unfortunate that when we call for thanksgiving, many believers raise an eyebrow and begin to query the essence of our thanksgiving!
Some ask sincere questions, what exactly are we thanking God for since there are no obvious results in their lives that warrant thanksgivings. As we learn from David today, thanksgiving is a must do if we are still in the land of the living.(PS.150:6).
2 Samuel 22: 50. Therefore I will give thanks unto thee, O LORD, among the heathen, and I will sing praises unto thy name.
What is thanksgiving?
It is an expression of the attitude of gratitude to God for what He has done, what He is doing, and what He is yet to do.
How should we thank God?
1. By having a heart of gratitude! Until you develop a heart of gratitude you can’t thank God well. And to develop a heart of gratitude, you must have a thoughtful heart. Many find it difficult to give thanks to God because they don’t remember what God has done for them and where God brought them from.
Psalm 103: 2. Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits.
Beloved, It is time to sit down and call to remembrance all the wonderful works of God since the year began. If you have lost anything at all, God is the reason you haven’t lost everything so give thanks. Do you realize that one great enemy of thanksgiving is forgetfulness?
Most times you are quick to forget what God has done for you. And then the devil is busy showing you what is not working in your life to stop you from thanksgiving. Whoever is showing you what has not been done, is your arch enemy because he wants you to say ”what am I thanking God for?
What has God done for me?” That is an attitude of ingratitude! Rather focus your mind on what God has done, forget the ones undone yet and cultivate the attitude of gratitude then you can give thanks continually.
2. By sitting down to think of what God has done for you!
May I remind you that your ability to sleep and wake up daily is God’s kindness! So you have enjoyed God’s goodness for 90days in 2022, now multiply it by how long you have lived on earth:
Psalm 3: 5. I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the LORD sustained me.
You will realize that, you slept and woke up everyday was a miracle of God not by your power. Some person slept and passed on from the sleep. Also, think of your salvation
Think about journey mercies you’ve enjoyed, think about the diseases God healed you from, think about terrible attacks of the devil you recovered from, think about some nights when it appeared as though you would not make it to the next mornings yet you made it! Then raise up your voice and give thanks.
3. After deep pondering on the goodness and mercy of God that you have enjoyed so far, proceed with the physical act of expressing your gratitude to God.
Beloved, we have entered into the second quarter of the year from today. So let us enter this quarter with thanksgiving! We are appreciating the Lord not only for what He has done but for what He is going to do in this new quarter.
Raise a shout of praise(Ps.89:1), a clap offering(Ps.47:1), a dance offering(Ps.149: 3), a seed offering(Ps. 96: 8) to God!
Remember this ; Heaven is real and hell is real! The rejection of Jesus equals eternity in hell. Give your heart to Jesus today.
Prayer points :
– Father I’m grateful for successful completion of first quarter of the year 2022.
– Father, thank you for what you have in stock for me this new quarter, help me to develop the attitude of thanksgiving in Jesus name.
Prophetic Declaration :
– I declare, in this month of April, you will experience the power of resurrection
– May the Lord resurrect back to life every dead situation of your life in the name of Jesus name .
From your brother Alex
God bless you.