THERE IS A DANCE CALLED ‘FOCUS’.
IT IS NOT BY POINTING YOUR HAND AND SHAKING YOUR HEAD THAT YOU GET FOCUSED.
THE WHOLE CHURCH IS PRAYING FOR THEIR LIVES TO OPEN UP THIS YEAR. THIS IS NOT THE TIME TO TRAVEL TO THE VILLAGE FOR VILLAGE MEETING.
NO ONE EVER GETS ANYTHING OF VALUE BY ACCIDENT, LIFE IS ALL ABOUT FOCUS.
LIFE CAN ONLY BE DYNAMIC WHEN IT IS SPECIFIC
THE EASIEST WAY TO MAKE SOMEBODY FAIL IS TO GIVE HIM MULTIPLE ASSIGNMENTS
MAN IS AT HIS BEST IN THE CENTER OF GOD’S PLAN, DON’T ENTER ANOTHER MAN’S LANE OTHERWISE YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
EVERYTHING IS CREATED TWICE, THE FIRST CREATION IS THE VISION THE SECOND CREATION IS SELF DISCIPLINE, THE LINK BETWEEN THE TWO IS FOCUS.
DISTRACTION ARE SIDE ATTRACTIONS SEEKING YOUR ATTENTION IN ORDER TO KEEP YOU FROM REACHING YOUR DESTINATION.
WHEN THE WRONG PEOPLE LEAVE YOUR LIFE, WRONG THINGS STOP HAPPENING, FOR EVERY WRONG THING HAPPENING IN YOUR LIFE THERE IS A WRONG PERSON AROUND YOU.
THE COMPANY YOU KEEP DETERMINES WHAT ACCOMPANIES YOU.
– Pastor Biddel Awoala | Salvation Ministries Home of Success, 21 Days of Prayer and Fasting, Day 5
I want to thank the almighty God for this uncommon privilege to be the one to bring the Word tonight.
I want to deeply appreciate the servant of God, my father, prophet, mentor through whom God has given this privilege, to me it is not just a privilege it Is a great honour, Papa I want to thank you for this honour to stand on this highly exalted altar to speak, I don’t take it lightly and I will never abuse it. I want to also thank Mama for her continuous prayers and now even as I am here standing, she is praying for me.
I want to appreciate all the senior men of God globally, who are hooked up to this service especially Pastor Samson Michael under whom I am privileged to serve and you that have come here to be blessed you will not be disappointed, the God of David Ibiyeomie will do you good in the mighty name of Jesus.
Holy Spirit of God at this point I hand over the service to you; you said by strength shall no man prevail, I don’t rely on my strength, let your Word flow through me unhindered with precision and accuracy let the grace backing your servant David Ibiyeomie answer to me now, let the people be blessed, let lives be transformed, I vow to give you all the glory, blessed be your name forever in Jesus mighty name.
TOPIC: UNDERSTANDING THE POWER OF FOCUS
What is Focus?
Focus means to be totally committed or absorbed in a special assignment. It is the ability to look at your purpose or your assignment without wavering or without diffraction.
It means to bring your attention to the center, to concentrate on one thing intently in order to gain clarity, all these definitions are from Papa, none of them is mine. No one ever gets anything of value by accident, life is all about focus.
Only the focussed will stand out in life – Matthew 6:22, the primary reason why many fail is because of broken focus. Lack of focus is very dangerous, papa said: Life can only be dynamic when it is specific, staying in ones God ordained path in life is the key to a world of possibilities.
Satan is not powerful but he is very subtle, his main target is to break your focus off your assignment on earth and cause you to drift and immediately you start to drift in one direction you drift in all other directions but God forbid that we will drift, you and I will never go off track in Jesus mighty name. God of David Ibiyeomie will help us maintain our focus in Jesus mighty name.
Hear me, Papa said the easiest way to make somebody fail is to give him multiple assignments, knowing your purpose is the starting point of greater achievements in life, focused people know what they want even if they don’t know how to get it from the beginning, they know what they want and it is your focus that reveals the “how to get it for them”.
Where there is a will there is always a way – Genesis 11:6, in this year of possibilities it is your focus on your assignment that will open your doorway to possibilities in the name of Jesus.
James 1:7, if you are neither here nor there, if you’re double minded the Bible says you are unstable in all your ways, if you don’t receive from the Lord then you will receive from the Devil because there are only two sources, say to yourself I will stay focussed on my God ordained assignment, 1st Corinthians 7:20, stay on your lane, stay on your assignment.
Everyone is created for a specific assignment you need to stay there; man is at his best in the center of God’s plan, don’t enter another man’s lane otherwise you will be disqualified.
Proverbs 4:25-27 (NLT), Luke 19:10, Jesus was specific on his assignment, he was a man of one thing. Philippians 3:13, Paul was a man of one thing, “One thing I do”, Luke 10:40-42, it has been discovered that people with great impact and accomplishment are people of focus, they are people of one thing.
It is one thing that dominates them per time, through the power of focus they have dominated their field of endeavors so much so that when their names are called you think of their field of endeavors, for instance if I call the name Christiano Ronaldo what comes to your mind? Football, if I call the name Tiger Woods what comes to your mind?
Golf, if I call the name David Ibiyeomie what comes to your mind? A Preacher, when your own name is called what comes to the mind of people, someone hearing the sound of my voice today that commits to staying focused on one thing, you will hit the headline news in the name of Jesus, the God of David Ibiyeomie will bring you from obscurity into limelight in the name of Jesus.
BENEFITS OF FOCUS
1) Focus generates passion, energy and heat- Habakkuk 2:2, if you want to understand this, the sun shines generally it is not focused in one direction, it is spreading everywhere and you don’t feel it too much but if you bring a magnifying glass or a convex lens, you can focus the heat of the sun to a piece of paper and it will catch fire and from there it can create a wild fire, this is what focus does.
2) Focus generates speed, focused people get more things done in one week than what some people will do in a year. Like our father, he accomplishes things that some of us cannot accomplish in one year. Why, because of his sharp and unbroken focus, he knows what he wants and he is getting them
3) Focus generates insight – Matthew 6:22, Light in this case connotes insight and wisdom.
4) Focus shields from evil – Proverbs 4:27.
5) Focus unveils opportunities and possibilities – 1st Samuel 17:26-56, David focused on Goliath’s head, no matter what people told him he said I will bring your head down, that is why he saw the only unshielded part of Goliath’s head, he saw it.
Focus gave him those possibilities and he brought Goliath down. Where there is a will there is always a way.
6) Focus makes people irresistible – Genesis 11:6
7) Focus brings success and Impact – Philippians 3:13-14, to have a goal is to set a mark
Now, we have talked about focus and all the benefits of focus, the question is how do I maintain focus? There is a particular dance called focus it is not by pointing your hand and shaking your head that you get focused.
How do I maintain focus?
Like our pastor said yesterday, it is not your father’s property that you will inherit.
1) Look at your future, a focused man does not look at the present, he looks at where he is going, he has painted the picture of his future from the scriptures and that is his target – Philippians 3-14, I do all that is required of me, if it is knowledge I get the knowledge, if it is skill I acquire it, if it is training, I go for the training, I press, I am not side tracked, I push until I get there.
A wise man said focus is our future and what we focus on multiplies. Everything is created twice, the first creation is the vision the second creation is self-discipline, the link between the two is focus.
2) Avoid distractions, Papa defined distraction as side attractions seeking your attention in order to keep you from reaching your destination. They look good but they won’t let you get to your destination.
The Good often time is the enemy of the great – 1st Kings 20:40, the servant was busy with side attractions.
What are you giving attention to right now? The whole church is fasting and praying for the success of Glory reign and for our lives to open up this year, even Papa and Mama they have expectation forms, when they say pray, they lift up their expectation forms and pray, this is not the time to travel to the village for village meeting. Focus your attention. Avoid distractions and great is your future.
3) Be careful of what you hear, see and meditate on, nobody can fully protect you, you’re the gate keeper of your life. As a focused man or woman, you must watch what you see.
Focused people don’t see everything, lt is not every church that you must go to, it is not every pastor that you must listen to, it is not every program that you must watch on TV, sensor what you see, sensor what you hear.
The things you see, say, hear and the things you meditate on repeatedly get fixed in your subconscious mind and it controls your behavior and remember your behavior determines your result. Mark 4:4, be careful of what you hear, most of us seated here today our greatest mistakes are the things that we have heard in time past but today there will be a supernatural turn around in the name of Jesus.
4) Keep the right company, permit only relationships that will keep you focused on your assignment, wrong people destroy your focus, iron sharpens iron so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend – Proverbs 27:17, Proverbs 13:20, Papa said: when the wrong people leave your life, wrong things stop happening, for every wrong thing happening in your life there is a wrong person around you.
If you want to be focused in life, spend less time with those who need you and spend more time with those you need, for instance I need Papa so I keep company with him by keeping company with him, I don’t go to disturb him every now and then.
I have his books, I have his tapes, I read them, there is no book that he has written that I don’t have, that is how to keep company, you don’t go around disturbing him.
Papa does not need me, he needs higher people so that’s how the chain goes, so tap in. Mark 1:17, the company you keep determines what accompanies you. Not everybody at the airport is travelling, some are touts they know all the flights, if you stand and talk to them you will miss your flight.
Not everybody in church is going somewhere, not everybody in your service group is going somewhere, mind the company you keep because it will either make you or it will mar you, you will not fail in your life, great is your future. Rise to your feet.
Lord help me maintain focus on my assignment per time.