TOPIC: THE CUP OF BLESSING
Scripture:1 Corinthians 10: 16. The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ?
Beloved, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter! It will interest you to know that there is a cup refers to as the cup of blessing. And that is our subject today.
What is the cup of blessing?
The cup of blessing is the cup that can transmit the blessing into your life! It is a cup carrying the blessing and our anchor scripture (1Cor.10:16) said is it not the Communion of the blood of Jesus! Woah!!
The implications of the cup of blessing;
1. The cup of blessings guarantee access to the blessings that Adam lost due to disobedience.
Genesis 1: 28. And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
The first thing that land on man(Adam) is called “the blessing”! And it was lost shortly after creation due deception and disobedience.
What is the blessing?
The blessing is an atmosphere changer! That which changes the atmosphere around a man’s life. The climate that determine the happening around a man’s life. It has the power to position a man on the path of victory. It is superior to curse, hence it is the blessing that handle curses.
Beloved, I don’t know if your life is full of curses before now, as you surrender your life to Jesus. And participate in the cup of the blessing expect every curses to give way from your life.
2. The cup of blessings is a receipt that you are no longer designed for suffering and pains. For that to happen Jesus has to drink the cup of suffering:
John 18: 11. Then said Jesus unto Peter, Put up thy sword into the sheath: the cup which my Father hath given me, shall I not drink it?*
There is a cup of pain and suffering that Jesus drank to give us access to the cup of the blessing; 2 Cor.4: 15.
2 Corinthians 8: 9. For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.
Beloved, the cup of the blessing is the guarantee that your life must be blessed. It is a receipt that you are no longer designed for suffering and pains. You can watch your life take a new trends as it journey towards greatness.
3. The cup of the blessing is your access key to the Divine life. That divine life was the kind of life Adam operated! A life at variance with sickness. In the garden of Eden, it was never reported that Adam was sick! So also Jesus was never sick or on admission in the hospital. And that is the Jesus promised us, when He said:
John 6: 53. Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
The cup of the blessing bring us into oneness with Christ:
John 6: 56. He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.
In fact, the word in the Greek for communion is koinonia (koy-nohn-ee’-ah). And it means intimate partnership and fellowship. This is an exact description of the covenant we have entered into, the right to all that God has, and all that He is! This indeed is communion, the cup of blessings!
Remember this: Heaven is real and hell is real! Choose this day whom you will serve! Whom you serve here on Earth determine where you will spend eternity.
– Father thank you for your word to me today.
– Lord, I received grace to take the cup of the blessing for my blessing, and change of story in Jesus name.
– I prophesy as you take the cup of the blessing, your life shall produce results in the name of Jesus
– To every one who is sick right now, rise up and be heal in the name of Jesus.
From your brother Alex
God bless you real good.