TOPIC: THE EFFECT OF THE SPIRIT OF REST
Scripture: Galatians 5: 22. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23. Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Beloved, previously we established that the Spirit of rest is the Holy Spirit and at the well level produces a new life and that life develops a character that is called the fruit of the Spirit. The fruit of the Spirit is one single fruit manifesting in divers characters that are Christ- like characters. Hence, the formation of these characters define the level of maturity as a Christian. So you can do a check of how mature you are in the light of the word of God.
*What are the Christ like characters?*
1. Love, joy and peace( previous edition)
2. Long-suffering (Forbearance), gentleness (kindness) and goodness (yesterday’s meditation)
3. A. Faith (faithfulness)(Gal. 5;22): It means fidelity, punctuality in performing promises, conscientious carefulness in preserving what is committed to our trust in restoring back to proper owner. In transacting the business confided to us, neither betraying the secret of our friends nor disappointing the confidence of our employer.
Many of us are guilty in this regard, we betray confidence imposed on us, we receive goods, money etc and promise to pay back but never pay back! We make a promise and never keep to our words! We break hearts that ever tried to trust without remorse! Infact we are so used to it that our conscience is now dead to the voice of the Holy Spirit! It is high time to repent and do away with such character that is devilish.
*1 Corinthians 4: 2. Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.*
Beloved, do you know that we are all steward here on earth? Faithfulness is a requirement in this kingdom that we belong. How faithful are you to God in managing His resources?
*Luke 16: 12. And if ye have not been faithful in that which is another man’s, who shall give you that which is your own?*
B. Meekness (Gal.5:23): It is having or showing a quiet and gentle nature, not wanting to fight or argue with other people. It is mildness, indulgence towards the weak and erring, patiently suffering an injury without a spirit of revenge. It is simply put strength under control! You have the power to do or revenge an insult yet you control your self.
*Matthew 5: 5. Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.*
Beloved, to receive the word of God, one must possess the character of meekness (James 1:21). Even to be guided by God meekness is a must have:
*Psalm 25: 9. The meek will he guide in judgment: and the meek will he teach his way* .
C.Temperance(self-control)(Gal.5:23): The practice of always controlling your actions, thoughts, or feelings so that you do not eat or drink too much, become too angry, etc
*Proverbs 25: 28. He that hath no rule over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down, and without walls.*
Most people that suffer addiction begin from this angle where they can’t control themselves! God wired into us the ability to control ourselves. That ability is reinforcedy when we are born again and yield ourselves to the Holy Spirit.
In conclusion, the fruit of the Holy Spirit, being the character of Christ is expected from every believer as it defines our level of maturity. How mature are you?
*Remember this*: Heaven is real and hell is real. The end point of every one that rejects Jesus is hell.
– Father thank you for your word to me today.
– Lord I receive grace to be faithful, meek and self-controlled in Jesus name.
– I declare mercy for every one that has landed himself into trouble because of unfaithfulness in the name of Jesus.
– For those who are suffering from addiction because of lack of self-control receive deliverance today in the name of Jesus.
From your brother Alex
God bless you.