TOPIC: THE EYES OF YOUR UNDERSTANDING
Scripture:Ephesians 1: 18. The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
Beloved, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter! I was going to my friend’s house and I accidentally stepped on someone’s toes without knowing!
When I tried to apologized to the one I stepped on, her response was, “don’t you have eyes?
Can’t you see?” Invariably she meant that if I have eyes that are functioning I should be able to see her and would never have stepped on her!
That was when the scripture above that speaks of “eyes of understanding” caught my attention. I began to ask, “does understanding has eyes?” In response, the Holy Spirit taught me some things, that is what we are sharing today.
Beloved, the understanding that God gives has eyes, to enable you see what God Is saying and comprehend it.
What are “eyes of understanding?”
1. They simply mean the eyes of your heart. Your inner eyes! The eyes of your spirit that helps you to grasp what God is speaking to you.
2. It is what helps you to catch the picture God is trying to show you through His word.
3. It is likened to a camera to bring the spiritual information to focus such that your mind can comprehend it and utilize it.
Why does God want the eyes of your understanding to be enlightened ?
1. It is so that you may know what is the hope of his calling(Eph.1:18).
To know means to be fully aware! Nobody tastes honey and spits it out! If you can get a full picture of what God has in stock for you, you won’t waiver.
Many don’t know the hope of their calling as children of God, hence they live miserable lives as if they are hopeless. They give up their faith very fast.
Beloved you can only know your hope in Christ when the eyes of your understanding are enlightened. It is God’s desire that the eyes of your understanding be enlightened.
2. It is for you to know the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints(Eph.1:18)! Beloved there are inheritances kept for you in Christ Jesus.
There is a glory for you but can never be accessed without the eyes of your understanding being enlightened
3. It is so that the mysteries of God can be clearly understood. In the Bible there are several mysteries! Some of them include:
a. The kingdom of God (Mrk.4:11)
b. Marriage (Eph.5:31-32); that is to approach marriage without the eyes of your understanding bet enlighteny will lead to a lot of confusion.
c. Faith is a mystery(1Tim.3:9); you can never understand faith, without the eyes of your understanding opening up.
d. Rapture (1Cor.15:51)
e. Christ living in me (Colo.2:27)
f. Iniquity (2Thess.2:7)
g. Godliness (1Tim.3:16)
And many more! If the eyes of your understanding are not enlightened there is no way you can understand the mysteries of God.
4. It is so that you can understand the scriptures. The first thing Jesus did to some of his disciples after resurrection, was to open up the eyes of their understanding :
Luke 24: 45. Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
Beloved in accessing the wisdom that is locked up in the scriptures both the learned and unlearned are on the same page (Isa.29:11-12)!
So, do you desire to know the scriptures?, then the eyes of your understanding must be enlightened otherwise, the wisdom of God that is lock up in the word can never be accessed. It is not by your education rather by the operation of the Holy Spirit!
How can the eyes of your understanding be enlightened?
1. You must be born again ie regenerated
2. Submit to the ministry of the Holy Spirit who is the author of the scriptures.
3. Through deliberate prayer for the eyes of your understanding to be opened
4. Get filled with the Holy Spirit and pray in tongues consistently
5. Opening up your heart to the Holy Spirit on consistent basis.
Heaven is real and hell is real! Your choice of where to spend eternity is best made now. Jesus loves you.
– Father thank you for your word to me today,
– Lord, I ask that you enlighten the eyes of my understanding in the name of Jesus.
Prophetic Declaration :
– I prophesy the eyes of your understanding be enlightened by the power of the Holy Spirit in the name of Jesus.
– Your inheritance among the saints, receive grace to access it now in name of Jesus.
– I decree that confusion in your soul is over for ever in Jesus name.
From your brother Alex
God bless you.