TOPIC: THE FAVOUR THAT FOLLOWS MARRIAGE
Scripture :Proverbs 18: 22. Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD.
Beloved, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter! Our God is an awesome God!
In His wisdom as the originator of the marriage institution has also put in place what can make the marriage an exciting one on earth. He does that by garnishing it with a flavour called favour.
Today our focus is that favour that follows marriage.
Our opening scripture(Prob.18:22) reveals that he that finds a wife automatically obtains favour!
This is to say that at the arrival of a wife in a marriage is the arrival of favour! In other words the arrival of a wife into a man’s life should turn open certain doors and business opportunities.
Her arrival should terminate certain struggles and usher in boundless blessings upon her husband! Her arrival should usher in the gift of men into that family.
I know some one will say this is not true based on their experience! Well, if you feel it is not true, you make the word of God a lie!
That you have a negative experience does not negate the fact that the word is true in the lives of others.
The question to ask is why is the word true in some person and it looks like a lie in some?
The simple answers are;
A. He that finds a wife not wives (Prov.18:22):
You must be the husband of one wife not wives to experience this favour. Not the one that is still keeping concubines and living in sexual immorality.
B. A marriage that will experience favour must be properly contracted! Not marrying on credit or marrying without parental consent/blessing. Not backyard marriage.
C. The woman in question must be a wife that is free from any kind of covenants and curses.
D. The woman in question must be a wife. Do you know that not every woman carries the favour we are talking about because not every woman is qualified to be a wife.
Some women are knife and not a wife! But the scripture says he that find a wife not he that find a woman.
Who then is a wife?
1. She is one that has gained the understanding of what marriage is all about(Prov. 13:15). Hence she’s willing to submit to her husband in all things ( Eph.5:22).
2. She knows how to build a happy home and willing to build one(Prov.14:1).
3. A wife understands how to bring out the king in every man(Esther5:5-8). In every man, there is a child and a king nature.
A wife knows how to manage the two sides.
4. She understands how to tame the Lion in every man(1Sam.25:18-35).
5. A wife is an excellent home manager (Prov.31:13-14). She knows how to manage her husband’s resources and not waste it.
6. She knows how to multiply resources not just spending only. (Prov.21:20)
7.She is faithful and loyal to the core(1Pet.3:1-5)
8. She is submissive to her husband in all things(Eph.5:22,Col.3:18)
9. She is diligent, dedicated and industrious (Prov.31:13-20)
10. She is a crown to her husband. (Prov.12:4)
11. Her husband can trust her (Prov. 31:11)
12. Honouring her husband is her logo(Prov.31:25)
It will amaze you that not every woman fits into the picture above!
Well if you can find a woman with the qualities you described above, at least you have find a wife and you have also obtained favour of the Lord!
Your marriage is ordained to take you from where you are into God’s program for your life. It is not a necessary evil as society has painted it.
God designed marriage for your lifting and not to box you! And it is my prayer that the favour that accompanies marriage will be your portion in Jesus name.
Remember this : Heaven is real and hell is real! If you miss heaven you can never miss hell! Wrong marriage can take you to hell.
– Father thank you for your word to me today,
– Lord, I receive the favour that follows marriage in Jesus name.
Prophetic Declaration :
– I prophesy that the favour that follows marriage come upon your marriage in the name of Jesus.
– To all our singles sisters out there may God grant you grace to prepare yourself as an embodiment of favour for your husband in the name of Jesus
– To all our single brothers may God help you to find a wife and not a knife in Jesus name.
From your brother Alex
God bless you.