WHEN YOU THANK GOD FOR WHAT HE IS YET TO DO, YOU MOVE HIM TO THE SCENE OF THE APPRECIATION
– Dr. Paul Enenche on ‘The Goodness of Appreciation’ at EARLY WILL I SEEK THEE (The Dunamis Glory Dome)
* If you are thanking God for what you have, He multiplies it in your hands.
What we are basically going to be doing this morning is explosive thanksgiving and appreciation, and it is important for us to know the power of appreciation.
Psalm 92: 1
Now, we appreciate God on many grounds but three grounds are very important.
1. We appreciate God for what He has already done: In 1Chronicles 15: 26, the Bible said when they saw the help of God, they appreciated Him with thanksgiving.
Without any doubts, we have seen the help of God in this past week and in this season. So, we appreciate God for what He has already done.
2. We appreciate God for what He is currently doing: We appreciate Him for what He is doing in our midst, we appreciate Him. In the book of Psalm 103: 1-5, we can see that we are to appreciate God for what He is currently doing.
3. We appreciate God for what He is yet but sure to do: He is yet to do it but He is sure to do it.
As far as scripture is concerned, we are sure that He will do it, as far as His promises are concerned, we believe He will do it, and as far as our faith is concerned, we believe He will do it.
What He is yet to do and what He sure to do. In the book of John 11: 41, at the tomb of Lazarus, we saw that kind of appreciation, when they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid, Jesus lifted up his eyes and said, ‘Father, I thank you because you have heard me’. He has not even prayed but he was thanking for the resurrection of Lazarus ahead of time.
We saw that kind of appreciation also in John 6: 11, when he took the 5 loaves and 2 fishes and gave thanks, even before it multiplied, he gave thanks.
This is appreciation at 3 levels, the past few days and the past one week, we have every reason to appreciate God at these 3 levels; for what He has done for us already, for what He is doing now, and for what He is yet to do, and what will be the outcome of such appreciation?
1. Appreciation brings acceleration: When you are appreciating God, especially for what He has not yet done, you are bringing acceleration. We saw that at the tomb of Lazarus.
2. Appreciation brings manifestation: You move God to the scene of the appreciation; you cause Him to move.
3. Appreciation brings multiplication: Whatever you are thanking God for, multiplies. If you are thanking Him for what He has already done, He does it more. If you are thanking God for what you have, He multiplies it in your hands, that happened with the 5 loaves and 2 fishes.
1. Father, thank you for your faithfulness, and mercies, and kindness, through the midyear Glory Fast. To you alone be all the praise in Jesus’ name – Lamentations 3: 22-23.
2. Father, thank you for the diverse testimonies of your acts in our midst during the fast. Thank you Lord, for drastic interventions in the course of the fast. To you alone be all the praise, in Jesus’ name – Psalm 107: 20.
3. Father, thank you for drastic life-changing encounters and divine visitations. Thank you for divine turnaround for lives and destinies. To you alone be all the praise Lord in Jesus’ name – Job 10: 12.
4. Father, thank you for the seven weeks of Harvest Glory. Thank you Lord, because you will glorify yourself in the harvest of souls and the raw manifestation of your glory, in Jesus’ name – Acts 2: 47.
5. Father, thank you for frustrating the tokens of liars and making diviners mad. Thank you for disappointing the devices of the crafty so that their hands cannot perform their enterprise – Isaiah 44: 25, Job 5: 12.
Father, thank you for frustrating the tokens of liars and making diviners mad concerning my life. Thank you for disappointing the devices of the crafty so that their hands cannot perform their enterprise regarding my life – Isaiah 44: 25, Job 5: 12.
Lift up your hands everywhere you are and just appreciate God for what is ahead of you this week. Father, we give you the praise, Father, we give you the honour, Father, we give you the adoration, be thou glorified in Jesus’ name.
For everyone here today, you are released in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. The Lord bless you and keep you, the Lord cause His face to shine upon you, the Lord be gracious unto you, from this day and forevermore.
Every blessing of this fast, remains with you till the end of the year, in the name of Jesus. As you come back tomorrow for Early Will I Seek Thee, you will come with your testimonies, so shall it be in the name of Jesus.
Spread the love