#February2022 #DIGCPowerCommunionService #OurMonthOfOverflowingGraceAndGloryThroughKingdomService #OurYearOfOverflowingGraceAndGlory
POWER COMMUNION SERVICE – WEDNESDAY, 16TH FEBRUARY 2022
ANCHOR SCRIPTURE(S): ACTS 1:8
MESSAGE TOPIC: THE HOLY SPIRIT AND SOUL-WINNING
By: Dr Paul Enenche
1. Understanding the impact of the Holy Spirit in soul-winning
2. Understanding how to walk with the Holy Spirit for soul-winning
The Holy Spirit is the Senior Partner of the Church and the Child of God in the duty/assignment of soul winning
SCRIPTURAL EXAMPLES OF THE IMPACT OF THE HOLY SPIRIT IN SOUL-WINNING:
1. The Master Jesus (Luke 4:14,15, 18-20 15, 3:21-22)
Nobody knew who Jesus was or heard His Voice until the day the Holy Spirit descended upon Him at River Jordan.
The Holy Spirit gives voice, influence and authority
2. The Apostles (Acts 2:1-6, 41)
On the day of Pentecost the Holy Spirit descended and this brought about massive conviction.
The ministry of the Holy Spirit is needed for effective, effortless and fruitful soul-winning.
THE IMPACT OF THE HOLY SPIRIT IN SOUL-WINNING:
1. The Holy Spirit saturates the hearts of the saints with love for God which translates into love for souls (Rom. 5:5, 1Tim. 1:7, 1John 4:20)
Anyone who genuinely loves God will love souls.
Those who flow in the Spirit flow in the love of God.
2. The Holy Spirit imparts the saints with preaching and evangelism boldness (2Tim. 1:6-7, Acts 4:31-32)
3. The Holy Spirit imparts the saint with witnessing power (Acts 1:8, 2:36-37, 1 Cor. 2:4)
When the Spirit of God is working in you, you don’t speak empty, powerless words; you speak heart-stirring, convicting words.
Witnessing power is packaged when we are endued with the Holy Spirit.
4. The Holy Spirit guides the saints to souls that are ripe for salvation (Rom. 8:14, Acts 8:29, 16:6-9)
5. The Holy Spirit gives us the right words to speak per time (Rom. 8:14, Matt. 10:19-20)
6. The Holy Spirit convicts the sinner of their sinfulness (John 16:7-9)
You do the preaching/ministration, the Holy Spirit does the conviction
Most sinners don’t know the weight of their sin until they are convicted of their sinfulness
It is not the articulation of your words or the scriptures quoted that convicts sinner, it is the Holy Spirit.
7. The Holy Spirit helps in the travail for the birth of new souls into the Kingdom (Isa. 66:8, Gal. 4:19, Rom. 8:26)
8. The Holy Spirit helps in the generation of evidence – miracles, signs, wonders that accompany the preaching of the word (Acts 1:8, Rom. 15:18-19)
HOW TO WORK WITH THE SPIRIT FOR SOUL WINNING RESULT?
1. Maintain the climate of worship (Eph. 5:18-2, Rom. 14:17)
If you want the overflow of the Spirit, you can’t afford heaviness, depression or sadness
2. Maintain a clear conscience (Rom. 1:4, Acts 24:16)
Ensure you keep cleansed of a wrong, evil or guilty conscience
3. Pray abundantly in the Spirit (2Tim. 1:6)
4. Maintain sensitivity in the Spirit (Rom. 8:14, Acts. 8:19, 16:6-7)
Sensitivity means you don’t take any signal for granted
5. Maintain the fullness of the WORD (John 6:63)
The Spirit of God flows through the Word of God
Don’t be empty of the Word of God and you will have the Spirit without measure
Father, thank You for Your Word to us tonight. To You be all the glory Lord, in Jesus’ Name.
Holy Spirit, I welcome You into my heart. Saturate my heart with the love of God and for souls; I ask that You guide me to souls that are ripe and give me the right words per time; give me convicting preaching power and back up my preaching with miracles, signs and wonders; deliver me from sinfulness and help me to maintain spiritual sensitivity and fullness of the Word, in Jesus Name.
Holy Spirit, I welcome You into my heart; baptize me with soul winning power tonight. Holy Spirit, transform me into another person, in Jesus’ Name.
– Every distractive challenge or scarcity shall be roasted by fire so that you can face God fully.
– Every limiting shrine is set on fire!
– Every affliction in your body is set on fire!