TOPIC: THE MACEDONIA GRACE
Scripture: 2 Corinthians 8: 1. Moreover, brethren, we do you to wit of the grace of God bestowed on the churches of Macedonia;
Beloved, in continuation of what we started yesterday, God has given every believer a measure of grace and He expects us to serve Him with this grace. The grace of God is of several sides that is described as manifold (1Pet.4:10). And we look at one of the sides as we study MACEDONIA GRACE.
What is the Macedonia grace?
- The grace that makes people willing to offer themselves to God
- The grace that makes people give with excitement.
- It is a grace that loves ministering to others (2Cor. 8:4)
2 Corinthians 8: 4. Praying us with much intreaty that we would receive the gift, and take upon us the fellowship of the ministering to the saints.
Imagine a poor set of people who were so concerned about the plight of others. This is grace at work and it is the Macedonia grace. You need this grace so that you can be a blessing to others. Haven’t you seen a man who asked a driver to drive him to Mr. Bigg’s, he ordered food for himself and never bothered about his driver. He is a Christian but lacks this Macedonia grace. If this grace is not on you, you can easily close your eyes on the plight of others, but when the grace is on ground, you feel and share in the pains of others.
- It is the power to part with what they have. Jesus said I have the power to lay it down (John10:18)! It is that power to lay it down, no matter how you treasure what you have. If this grace is not on you, you can’t obey God on the path of giving, infact, you will quickly bind the voice that is asking you to give because you feel it is Satan talking to you. Child of God, the devil can never ask you to give to be a blessing, so anytime you recieve instructions to give that is the voice of God asking you to give. Such instructions once came to Abraham;
Genesis 22: 2. And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.
Beloved, if God comes to you today, demanding for what you treasure or love, will you obey? If you are finding it difficult to lay it down, it is because the grace is absent in your life.
- It is the grace for generosity. It is the giving grace. You cannot give except you have received this grace. Giving is a grace.
How much you can give is a function of how much you have surrendered your heart to God. God cannot take over your heart and you are still struggling to give! Ask yourself today, how yielded am i to God?
You will observe that many Christians find it difficult to give anything outside their little offering. Infact, the mandatory payment of their tithe is a problem. The diagnosis of such believers is that they lack the Macedonia grace! It is your giving beyond your tithe and offering that defines your generosity.
If you are generous, the first set of people to confirm it is your spouse and your children. Some sisters never give anything to their husbands but believe the husband must give them. Although it is the responsibility of the husband to provide for his wife and children, yet as a wife, you must once in a while part with what you have to your husband as act of generosity. Every generous man/woman should start it today within their immediate family before extending it outside because charity begins at home!
Then let the kingdom of God feel your generosity, ( Matt. 6: 20).
Let your pastor feel your generosity, by so doing you are fulfilling scripture:
Galatians 6: 6. Let him that is taught in the word communicate unto him that teacheth in all good things .
Let every one around you feel the impact of your generosity.
Remember this: Heaven is real and hell is real: You have only one life, don’t waste it.
- Father thank you for your word to me today.
- Father I receive the giving grace in the name of Jesus.
Prophetic Declaration :
I prophesy the release of your possession in the hands of the devil in the name of Jesus.
Receive the grace to practice generosity in the name of Jesus.
From your brother Alex
God bless you.