TOPIC : THE MANIFOLD GRACE OF GOD
Scripture :1 Peter 4: 10. As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.
Beloved, I welcome you to another moment of encounter with the God of all grace! It will interest you to know that our God is a God of many sided grace, that is often referred to as the manifold grace (1Pet. 4:10)! Today, we are looking at one side of the manifold grace that was bestowed upon the church of Macedonia called the Macedonia Grace.
Generally speaking, grace can be viewed like an elephant which every one can have a view of from different sides! You will give your judgement depending on how close you are to the elephant.
Hence, some have stressed it out of proportion, some have even made it a license to sin etc based on their perspective view.
In my own opinion, grace is largely divided into two classes,
1. Grace for salvation: You can’t be saved without this grace. It is extended to the vilest sinner. It has appeared for all to receive but not all have received this grace;
Titus 2: 11. For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, 12. Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
This is the grace that teaches us to say no to sin and yes to righteousness! When no eyes are watching you, this is the grace that serves as umpire to your life, if you are trying to mess up, it will gently witness to your heart remember whom you are now, you a new creature.
2. Grace for service: This is God’s ability invested in mortal man to enable him serve God in all capacity. It could come inform of spiritual gifts, strength, anointing, giving grace etc. A good example of grace for service is the Macedonia grace
What is the Macedonia Grace?
2 Corinthians 8: 1. Moreover, brethren, we do you to wit of the grace of God bestowed on the churches of Macedonia; –
1.It is was grace bestowed upon the Macedonia church that made them willing to offer themselves to God (2Cor. 8:3,5):
2 Corinthians 8: 5. And this they did, not as we hoped, but first gave their own selves to the Lord, and unto us by the will of God.
The secret of the Macedonia church was that they received a grace that enabled them to offer themselves first to the Lord, then to their sent men.
Beloved, until you surrender your whole life to God, giving any other things will be difficult for you. So the first thing first is absolute surrender of your life to God and His kingdom then every other thing can follow.
2. It is a grace that makes one give excitedly even in the midst of lack (2Cor. 8:2
2 Corinthians 8: 2. How that in a great trial of affliction the abundance of their joy and their deep poverty abounded unto the riches of their liberality.
Your giving is not a function of the size of your pocket or how big your bank account is, rather a revelation of the privilege to be a blessing. No matter how broke you are, when this Macedonia grace is upon you, you are excited to give. It was this Macedonia grace that was upon a widow that gave two mites (Luke 21:1-4). Jesus commended her as one that give the best because she gave out of her penury all that she had.
Remember this: Heaven is real hell is real! Your ticket to hell is simply rejection of Jesus.
– Father thank you for your word to me today.
– Lord, I pray for the Macedonia grace upon my life in Jesus name.
– I prophesy the Macedonia grace upon your life in the name of Jesus.
– The grace to serve God acceptably, receive it now in the name of Jesus. The grace that terminates struggle and hardship is coming upon your life today in the name of Jesus.
From your brother Alex
God bless you real good.
Spread the love