TOPIC: THE MYSTERY OF THE BLOOD OF JESUS IN REDEMPTION (PART 2)
Scripture: Colossians 1: 14. In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins
Beloved, in continuation of what we were sharing yesterday, we did say the blood of Jesus Christ that was shed on the cross has a mystery that satisfied God’s justice! This is because the life of the flesh is in the blood (Lev.17:11)!
So when the blood of Jesus was poured out on the cross, it was His life that was poured out for propitiation for our sins. We went further to look at the implications of shedding the blood of Jesus Christ on the cross and today we shall continue on it.
What are the implications of shedding the blood of Jesus?
1. Institution of the new covenant
2. The purging of our conscience.(details of this, check yesterday’s meditation)
3. When the blood was shed, we were raised up together with Christ:
Ephesians 2: 6. And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
So we are sitted above principalities and powers because we have been translated and as such delivered from the power of darkness.
You are no longer in a kingdom where darkness and wickedness reign, you are now in the kingdom of light.
Colossians 1: 13. Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
4. Another implications of the blood of Jesus is that it brought us closer to God and it destroyed tribalism and nepotism (Eph.2:11-16).
We that were once far away from God referred to as Gentiles, uncircumcised, separated from Christ, excluded from the citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenant of the promise, without hope and without God in the world. But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near by the blood of Christ.(Eph.2:12&13).
Besides, Jesus is our peace, who has made the two groups (Jews and Gentiles) one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility!(Eph.2:14).
The idea of tribalism and nepotism has been abolished by the blood of Jesus Christ. Anyone who comes under this blood is not expected to promote tribal sentiment or else he/she is trying to build again the barrier that has been destroyed
5. The blood of Jesus Christ makes provision for the forgiveness of our sins(Eph.1:7)! The blood of Jesus is a guarantee that your sins and my sins has been forgiven;
Colossians 1: 14. In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
Beloved, what is that sin that you feel too thick or too big for the blood of Jesus to clean? God says come and I will clean you up(Isa.1:18)
I don’t know what picture the enemy is showing you day by day about your past life! Infact, the devil has succeeded in convincing you that people like you can never get forgiveness.
That is a great lie of the devil from the pit of hell. What exactly did you do that makes you think you cannot be forgiven?
Did you kill or commit murder, did you close down a family through armed robbery? Were you a prostitute, husband snatcher, a cheat, scammer etc. However the gravity of your sin, I have good news for you, in Jesus blood there is forgiveness for you! Yes there’s forgiveness for you today!
Perhaps, you are lost into occultism, ritual killings, Jesus is still interested in your soul. No matter how far you have gone, there is provision for you in the blood of Jesus, come today, receive forgiveness and be cleaned. Forgiveness has always been there waiting for whoever wants and is willing, go ahead and receive yours.
Remember this: Heaven is real and hell is real. Don’t go to hell because the price of sin has been paid. Give your heart to Jesus today.
– Father thank you for your word to me today.
– Father I receive forgiveness for all my sins in Jesus name.
– I prophesy your freedom from every sinful habits, chains and addiction that tied you down in the name of Jesus.
– In whatever capacity guilt has held you down, receive forgiveness for your sin now and be free in the name of Jesus.
From your brother Alex
God bless you.