THE ORIGIN OF WISDOM FOR LEADERSHIP
TOPIC: THE ORIGIN OF WISDOM FOR LEADERSHIP
Scripture :Psalm 111: 10. The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.
Beloved, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter! Everything has a beginning so also is the subject of wisdom for leadership!
Today, the Holy Ghost wants us to examine how wisdom for leadership began with man!
Our anchor scripture above reveals that wisdom begins with fear of God!
Psalm 111: 10. The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: …
What is the meaning of the above scripture?
1. It means the foundation of wisdom is the fear of God! To have wisdom for leadership, you must first of all fear God!
2. It means the day l learn to fear God is the day I secure my admission into the school of wisdom!
3. It means when you learn to fear God, wisdom will begin to grow around you.
To every leader, the leadership qualities in you begin to emerge the moment you make Jesus the Fountain of wisdom, the Lord of your life!
It means, you have taken heed to the call of wisdom (Prov. 8:1)
What then is the fear of God?
The fear of God does not mean to be scared of God or afraid of who God is!
The fear of God means;
1. To stand in awe of God:
Let all the earth FEAR the Lord; let all the inhabitants of the world STAND IN AWE OF HIM! (Psalm 33:8).
2.To have an exalted view of God. To see God in all His glory and then respond to Him appropriately
You who fear the Lord, praise him! All you offspring of Jacob, glorify him and stand in awe of him, all you offspring of Israel! (Psalm 22:23).
3. To humble ourselves before Him. You can’t be walking in pride and arrogance and claim to fear God (Prov. 8:13)
4.To adore him. It means to surrender to God In absolute worship. It means to revere and glorify and love him above all else.
5. It means to dwell upon His beautiful, glorious holiness which is the very opposite of sin and evil, and to revere God and know that He loves us so much that He desires us to hate and turn away from sin.
The fear of God is to hate evil, pride and arrogance and evil ways.
Proverbs 8: 13. The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.
6. It also means to have a childlike attitude towards God! It is to relate to Him as a child relates to his strong, respectable father. We respect and honor the Lord, and we are afraid of displeasing Him. Therefore we obey Him.
How does the the fear of God bring wisdom?
1. The fear of God produce knowledge and knowledge is the base for wisdom:
*Proverbs 1: 7. The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
2. The fear of God is a confidence booster and when confidence is on ground wisdom is welcome:
Proverbs 14: 26. In the fear of the LORD is strong confidence: and his children shall have a place of refuge.
3. The fear of God gives you life because wisdom for avoiding sins and habit that can destroyed your life is released to you.
Proverbs 14: 27. The fear of the LORD is a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death.
4. It gives you a covenant platform that enables you to access secrets that that make you a star:
Psalm 25: 14. The secret of the LORD is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant.
Remember this : Heaven is real and hell is real, the decision for eternity begins now!
– Father thank you for your word to me today,
– Lord, I receive grace to fear you all the days of my life in Jesus name.
Prophetic Declaration :
– I prophesy the release of the reverential fear of God upon you now in the name of Jesus.
-That which you must do that will trigger twisdom, receive the grace to do it now in Jesus name.
From your brother Alex
God bless you.