TOPIC: THE POWER OF THANKSGIVING
Scripture: 1 Thessalonians 5: 18. In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
Beloved, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter! We give thanks and praise to God who has made it possible for us to see the end of the first month of the year 2022.
Some of us have done one degree of fast or the other. Hence our focus today is to examine the power of thanksgiving.
What is thanksgiving?
It is a expressing gratitude to God! Giving glory and honor to His majesty. It is also Public acknowledgement of what God has done.
Our anchor scripture reveals why thanksgivings is so important! Thanksgiving is the will of God Thanksgiving is a powerful force on earth that every other things evolve and revolves around it.
Infact in every thing we must give thanks! It is much easier when expectations are met but we must learn to give thanks whether it turn out to be what we desire or not. To get get the best out of the acts of thanksgiving will require us to know the power inherent in thanksgiving.
How much power is inherent in thanksgiving?
1. Thanksgiving has the power to bring back to life what was dead. (Jn11:40-45): At the tomb of Lazarus Jesus gave thanks and by this the dead heard His voice and came back to life.
Beloved, your thanksgiving has the power to bring life to every dead situation around you right now! What is it that is dead or about to die in your hand? Is it your marriage, your business, your destiny etc?
That your failed children can become stars as you engage thanksgiving. I mean that your dead relationship can jack back to life as you engage the power of thanksgiving. As you switch to thanksgiving, I see restoration coming your way today in the name of Jesus.
2. Thanksgiving has the power to multiply. (Jn.6:8-12): Jesus gave thanks and a little boy lunch was able to feed five thousand men! When you engage in thanksgiving, it has a multiplier effect on what you are thanking God for!
So that little salary can make a whole lot of difference if you can thank God for it. There are so many who are looking for job that don’t have a job, the one you have thank God for it.
Thank God for the little answers to those plenty prayer points of yours. Thank God for the life you are living now and you will live longer. Thank for the little joy you are seeing now and you will see more.
To the married thank God you are married and you will see the fruit(children) of marriage because there are so many who are not married.
To the single Thank God for that relationship and you will see it growing into marriage because there are those who have never had one. In every thing let us give thanks and watch the power of thanksgiving at work in our life.
Similarly, ingratitude kills the little in your hands. Murmuring and complaining bring set back and stagnation. So we must avoid it by all means. You may see unpleasant situation, yes that is the right time to engage thanksgiving.
3. Thanksgiving brings addition and not a subtraction (1Sam.2:1-10,21): Hannah gave thanks for Samuel and five more children were added unto her! Waoh!!
Your thanksgiving has the power to increase you and not subtract you. It will add to your life because it has capacity to add to any thing.
4. Thanksgiving has the power to convert promises to profit, prophecy to fulfilment (Rom. 4:20): Abraham was busy engaging the power of thanksgiving and the promised Isaac came! I don’t know what God has promised you, as you engage in thanksgiving this season they will all arrive in Jesus name.
5. It has the capacity to make whole(Lk.17:19): Ten lepers were heals and the only one that return to say thank you was the only one that was made whole. Have you say thank you for the little little miracles you have been receiving? It is your thanksgiving that preserve your testimony. Your testimony shall not go sour in the name of Jesus.
Remember this: Heaven is real and hell is real, the decision of where to spend eternity is best made now, give your heart to Jesus today.
– Father, I’m grateful for your word to me today
– Help me Lord to always remember to give you thanks in Jesus name.
Numbers 1: 1. And the LORD spake unto Moses in the wilderness of Sinai, in the tabernacle of the congregation, on the first day of the second month, in the second year…
– Today, being the first day of the new month, you shall hear the voice of God giving you clear direction in the name of Jesus.
– I prophesy the fresh garment of thanksgiving be release upon you now in the name of Jesus
– Your joy shall know no bound this new month in the mighty name of Jesus
From your brother Alex
God bless you.