TOPIC : THE POWER OF THE MORE EXCELLENT WAY
Scripture :Song of Solomon 8: 7. Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it: if a man would give all the substance of his house for love, it would utterly be contemned.
Beloved, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter!
You will agree with me that no matter how clean a car is, it will not go far if there is no oil in the engine even if there is fuel. Every part of the engine of a car must be thoroughly lubricated or else the engine will knock!
Similarly, our Christian life is like an engine that requires constant lubrication, and Love is our lubricant! It is the power of this lubricant we are considering, it is the power of love- the more excellent way!
How powerful is the more excellent way?
The more excellent way is love and it is the most powerful force on earth.
Our opening scripture reveals these two facts about love:
1. Love is likened to a fire that cannot be quenched. (Songs of Solomon 8:7). By my knowledge of science, the chemistry of fire says fire is a chemical reaction that occurs when three elements which are fuel, heat and oxygen combine together.
As such, elimination of either of those three elements means you have quenched the fire. Invariably there’s no fire that cannot be quenched once the type of fire is known!
However the scripture says there is no fire extinguisher that can quench the fire of love when it is burning! I have seen people do crazy things when this fire of love is burning! Certainly there must be a reason why it cannot be quenched!
Before I answer why it cannot be quenched, let me quickly ask a sincere question: Does your love for God burn like fire? Is there any point where you are madly in love with your Maker such that you can go any length for Him?
Beloved the love of God cannot be burning in your heart and somebody offends you and you stop loving God and stop coming to church.
Infact, most of the excuses people give as the reason for not coming to church or fellowship is a proof of the love of God not burning in their heart.
2. It is a force that cannot be drowned(Songs of Solomon 8:7). I have experienced flooding before and usually, when flood comes, it drowns every thing along its way. I have seen houses and every thing drowned as a result of flooding. But for love, there is just nothing that can swallow love or get it drowned. You will always see the effects of the power of love.
Bases on the above scriptural revelations, I have the following assertion to make :
1. Our Christian life will never produce results without love because our relationship with God is birth by faith our Christian walk is a walk of faith. We pray by faith, receive answers to prayers by faith, receive miracle by faith and we please God by faith. Whereas the faith in question is fuel by love! It is powerless without love :
_Galatians 5: 6. For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth anything, nor uncircumcision; *but faith which worketh by love.
Faith without love is like having a gun loaded with bullet, without pulling the trigger! I bet you carry it from now till tomorrow that gun will never deliver results.
That is how many of us have faith that cannot produce results because we fail to pull the trigger that is love. Without love, faith will be impotent. Now tell me how can you live an exciting life without faith?
Beloved, the more excellent way is the most powerful force on earth as it serve as a pivot upon which many other forces swing. To neglect love is to be a joker as far as Christianity is concerned.
Remember this :Heaven is real and hell is real. Where will you spend eternity? Eternity without Christ is horrible! Give your heart to Christ today.
Prayer points :
– Father thank you for your word to me today
– Lord, let the power of love find expression in my life in Jesus name.
Prophetic Declaration :
– I prophesy the release of grace to love like Jesus be released upon you now in Jesus name.
– Every battle of your life comes under judgement now in Jesus name.
From your brother Alex
God bless you.