TOPIC:. THE PRIMARY PURPOSE OF MARRIAGE
Scripture; Malachi 2: 15. And did not he make one? Yet had he the residue of the spirit. And wherefore one? That he might seek a godly seed. Therefore take heed to your spirit, and let none deal treacherously against the wife of his youth.
Beloved, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter!Yesterday, we examined what marriage is and the purpose of it! So today we shall continue by examining the primary purposed for marriage.
What are the primary purposes for God creating marriage?
The purposes of marriage are:
1. To provide a ground where God’s love can be expressed, a picture of God’s love to humanity.
2. To fill up the void or the missing parts in man (details in yesterday’s meditation)
3. To provide an enabling environment where godly seed /children can be raised. (Mal. 2:14-16): The God that instituted marriage has this objective of ensuring the society is populated with a godly seeds/children.(Mal.2:15)
God is pleased when children are well nurtured in the way and the fear of the Lord. This was why He was proud of Abraham when He said;
Genesis 18: 19. For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.
Beloved, can God said the same thing to you? Can God be so sure the children you are bringing into this world will follow the way of the Lord? Won’t you abandon them in the hand of maids, to be the only one influencing those wonderful children God has given you?
A healthy marriage is a breeding ground for destiny formation! That is where norms, values and ethics are inculcated. The Bible said, children are arrows (Psalm 127:4), but who releases these arrows into our world matters a lot! So marriage serves the purpose where arrows are fired into our world. This is why the attack on marriage is heavy, the devil wants to see ungodliness multiply everywhere
4. To provide a ground for growth in character(Gen.2:25)! Everybody can pretend to be whom they are not outside but not at home! At home the real you is exposed. All the packaging are removed and the actual content is exposed just as the scripture said (Gen.2:25), they were naked to each other but not ashamed. This is where those who often run after container rather than content often regret it. Some have looked at their spouse and said, “I didnt know this is who you are”! “Oh I thought you were an angel I never knew you are a devil incarnate” etc ! Beloved are you at this stage right now where you have started calling yourselves all sorts of names.
Please I beg you in the name of Jesus let it stop! Calling names wouldn’t change anything rather seek for improvement into a better version of your dream spouse. Work on your spouse untill he/she becomes what you want in life. Stop looking here and there for already made, the already made spouse is a product of someone else’s effort! Therefore labour to transform that individual into your dream spouse.
Do you know that, if your spouse does not see you as a Christian you are not? If your spouse says you are not born again, check your life again, it really means you are not! All your claims, the first person to confirm it is your spouse. Marriage is a place where you can’t hide your true identity. It is a place where every cover up is expose!
Naked but not ashamed! We can then begin to grow and mature in character as we express mutual love towards each other in the light of God’s word and pray together daily. We also grow together as couples take up a particular character and make it a prayer project. Real intercession combined with scriptural light is a major tool for transformation into Christ like character among couples !
Remember this: Heaven is real and hell is real. The ticket to hell is simply rejection of Jesus Christ.
– Father thank you for your word to me today.
– Lord, help me to assist my spouse in building every faulty character and also be a strong influence on my children in the name of Jesus
– I prophesy the grace to develop character and grow in love in your marriage, receive it now in the name of Jesus.
– To every single out there whatever character that will not be healthy for your family life tomorrow receive grace to change it now in the name of Jesus.
From your brother Alex
God bless you.