Scripture; Genesis 2: 24. Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh. 25. And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.
Beloved, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter! Yesterday, we started by examining this thing called marriage and what it is for and we found out that marriage is a divine institution which origin and sustenance is God. So today we shall continue by examining the primary purpose for marriage.
What are the primary purposes for God creating marriage?
- To provide a ground where God’s love can be expressed, a picture of God’s love to humanity.
- To fill up the void or the missing parts in man
- To provide a ground for growth in character(Gen.2:25). Everybody can pretend to be whom they are not outside but not at home. At home the real you is exposed. All the packagings are removed and the actual content is exposed. This is where those who often run after container rather than content often regret it. Some will say, “I didn’t know this is who you are”! “Oh I thought you were an angel, I never knew you are a devil incarnate” etc. Beloved are you at this stage right now where you have started calling yourselves all sorts of names. Please I beg you in the name of Jesus, let it stopped! Calling names wouldn’t change anything rather seek for improvement of a better version of your dream spouse. Work on your spouse until he/she becomes what you want in life. Stop looking here and there for already made, the already made spouse is a product of someone else’s labour! Beloved, if your spouse does not see you as a christian, you are not! If your spouse says you are not born again, check your life again. Marriage is a place where you can’t hide your true identity. It is a place where every cover up is exposed. Naked but not ashamed! We can then begin to grow and mature in character as we express mutual love towards each other in the light of God’s word and pray together daily. We also grow together, as a couple, take up a particular character and make it a prayer project. Real intercession combined with scriptural light is a major tool for transformation into Christ like character between a couple.
- To provide an enabling environment where godly seed /children can be raised. (Mal. 2:14-16): The God that instituted marriage has this objective of ensuring the society is populated with a godly seeds/children.(Mal.2:15)
God is pleased when children are well nurtured in the way and the fear of the Lord. This was why He was proud of Abraham when He said;
Genesis 18: 19. For I know him, that He will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.
Beloved, can God say the same thing to you? Can God be so sure the children you are bringing into this world will follow the way of the Lord? Wouldn’t you abandon them to the hand of a maid to be the only one influencing those wonderful children God has given you. A healthy marriage is a breeding ground for destiny formation! That is where norms, values and ethics are inculcated. The Bible said, children are arrows (Psalm 127:4), but who releases this arrow into our world matters a lot. So marriage serves the purpose of arrows being fired into our world. This is why the attack on marriage is heavy.
To be continued tomorrow!
Remember this: Heaven is real and hell is real. The ticket to hell is simply rejection of Jesus Christ.
- Father thank you for your word to me today.
- Lord, help me to assist my spouse in building every faulty character and also be a strong influence on my children in the name of Jesus
- I prophesy the grace to develop character and grow in love in your marriage, receive it now in the name of Jesus.
- To every single out there whatever character that will not be healthy for your family life tomorrow, receive grace to change it now in the name of Jesus.
From your brother Alex
God bless you.