TOPIC: THE PRINCIPLE OF INTEGRITY- PATHWAY TO THE BLESSING
Scripture: Proverbs 20: 7. The just man walketh in his integrity: his children are blessed after him.
Beloved, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter! Yesterday we considered the principle of faithfulness! Today we shall be considering the principle of integrity because closely related to faithfulness is the matter of integrity.
What is integrity?
Integrity means probity! It is a state of being completely honest, dependable and trustworthy. A state where your life has no moral defects, faults or accusations.
An example of a man of integrity was Job! The Bible has this testimony of him:
Job 1: 1. There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.
When disaster stroke and he lost his investments and his children, the wife’s character changed and she said to her husband:
Job 2: 9. Then said his wife unto him, Dost thou still retain thine integrity? curse God, and die.
Job refused to bow to pressure even when his friends came and accused him falsely, he held on to his integrity:
Job 27: 5. God forbid that I should justify you: till I die I will not remove mine integrity from me.
At last Job’s integrity paid off as the Bible said:
Job 42: 12. So the LORD blessed the latter end of Job more than his beginning: for he had fourteen thousand sheep, and six thousand camels, and a thousand yoke of oxen, and a thousand she asses.
Beloved, integrity pays, not only for you that lives a life of integrity but also for your posterity! According to our anchor scripture, your children shall be blessed (Prov.20:7)
How do we measure your integrity?
1. By your degree of consistency in character! There are those who change their character like a chameleon. However when you refuse to change yours despite the pressure you might be going through then you are a man/woman of integrity.
2. By the measure of how you are willing to live a life void of hypocrisy.
3. By the degree of how you are willing to be honest in your communication(Eph.4:29)
4. By the degree of your humility and how teachable you are.
5. By your determination to keep your word
Benefits of integrity:
1. It earns you a trust
2. It earns influence
3. It keeps you out of trouble
4. It offers you divine guidance (Prob.11’3)
5. It offers you peace of mind Isa.33:15-16
Beloved, if however you want to live a life of integrity, get ready for persecution and a lot of people who have decided to live a crooked life will hate you without cause.
The era we are in now makes it difficult to live a life of integrity where corruption seems to be starring at you in every corner. But if you make up your mind to live a life of integrity, the blessing will certainly smile on you.
Remember this: Heaven is real and hell is real. The decision to spend eternity with God] begins now. Give your heart to Jesus today.
– Father thank you for your word to me today.
– Father, help me to live a life of integrity to the end in Jesus name.
– I prophesy the release of grace for integrity in the name of Jesus
– Your days of profitless toiling are over, enter into the joy of the Lord Jesus.
From your brother Alex
God bless you.