TOPIC : THE PROFITS OF FASTING
Scripture: Isaiah 58: 8. Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the LORD shall be thy rereward.
Beloved, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter! It is a well known fact that when we are doing something profitable, we seem to put in more effort than when it is without profit. Hence today, we shall outline some of the profits of fasting.
*What are the profits of fasting?*
The profits of fasting are looked at from two angles:
A. The spiritual profits which are enormous. Though, not limited to the under listed one, they include:
1. Humility(2chro.7:14, PS. 35:13): Fasting has a way of humbling a man. Pride is over estimation of oneself. This goes off as one begins to engage in a fast on a consistent basis. He begins to see things from a different light that makes him humble.
Fasting has a way of breaking you down so that you can see the Almightiness of your Creator and the smallness of mankind:
*Psalm 109: 24. My knees are weak through fasting; and my flesh faileth of fatness* .
2. It disciplines the flesh and releases strength to the inner man ( 2Cor.12:9):
2 Corinthians 12: 9. And he said… for my strength is made perfect in weakness….
It is at that moment of weakness during fasting that the strength of the Almighty is poured out into man! Fasting makes your body weak and It is at that point of weakness, that you draw strength from the throne of Grace.
3. It boosts your faith in God(Matt.17:21):
Fasting is a booster of faith because during fasting you are able to meditate on the word of God and suddenly light break’s out into your spirit that makes you dare the undareable!
4. It makes you enjoy angelic assistance (Mat. 4:1-11)! You enjoy traffic of angels more during fasting than any other time.
5. It improves your intimacy with God( PS.42:1-3, 63:1-4): Fasting helps us to draw closer to our Creator, our God. During fasting, we draw closer to God as we long to pray every now and then.
6. Light breaking forth: This speaks of revelation according to our anchor scripture:
Isaiah 58: 8. Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the LORD shall be thy rereward.
Observe the scripture begins with ‘then’! This implies that there is an instruction that precedes the ‘then’ and that happens in verse 6 of Isaiah 58. The instructions was to fast in a God- preferred way, then access to light or revelation will follow.
Beloved, have you been seeking for direction on what to do with your life, fasting time is a time to connect with deep revelation and instructions on what next steps to take. Don’t just begin the year with planning alone, rather begin with prayer and fasting to connect with what the Lord is saying for the year like the Bible said:
Habakkuk 2: 1. I will stand upon my watch, and set me upon the tower, and will watch to see what he will say unto me, and what I shall answer when I am reproved.
To be on the watch tower is to maintain a fasting life! And the result of being on the watchtower is to connect with the voice of God.
Remember this : Heaven is real and hell is real. Your choice of eternity is best made now that there is life. Give your heart to Jesus today.
– Father thank you for your word to me today,
– Father, I receive grace to live a fasting and prayerful life in Jesus name.
*Prophetic Declaration :*
– I prophesy angelic assistance and divine strength in the name of Jesus.
– Every affliction of the wicked on your life expires now in the name of Jesus.
From your brother Alex
God bless you!