SCRIPTURE :Ephesians 5: 23. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
Beloved, in continuation of the role of the husband in family life. We established that love is the primary role of a husband and we looked at various dimensions of expressing love as we examined the five love languages of women. Today we shall be looking at the secondary role.
Beloved, our anchor scripture (Eph.5:23) opens up the secondary role of husbands as leaders.
Ephesians 5: 23. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
*What is leadership?*
Leadership is headship(1Cor.11:3, Eph. 5:23). In a family the husband is the head while every other member (wife and children) are the body. To be a wife without being loyal to your husband is to be walking about without a head.
Let’s consider the composition that makes for headship ;
The head is made up of the following:
1. The eyes: Eye is for sight. Eyes represent vision. Hence, to be the head of a family simply means you are the eyes of the family. The vision for the growth, survival/sustenance of the family is hanging on you. You must be able to put up a plan, design a system for day to day running of the system called family. Plan for both born & unborn children.
2. Nose: The nose is for perception. The husband must be able to perceive in the spirit and take decisive action on behalf of the family.
3. Ear: the ear is for hearing. It is the role of the husband/father being the head of the family to hear on behalf of the family. When God wanted Abraham to move out of Ur of Chaldeans, He didn’t speak to Sarah the wife of the family, rather He spoke to Abraham (Gen.12:1). Also when He wanted Abraham to sacrifice his son He didn’t talk to Sarah, it was still Abraham the head of the family(Gen.22:1-3). The role of the husband is to hear God’s instructions on behalf of the family.
4. Mouth: The mouth is for talking. Hence, it is responsibility of the head of the family being the husband to speak on behalf of the family. He is the spokes person of the family. He is the authorized voice in the realm of the spirit. He can bring in a curse or a blessing upon his family.
1 Chronicles 16: 43. And all the people departed every man to his house: and David returned to bless his house.
Please observed the statement, “and David returned to bless his house.” This is a clear example of a husband/father who understands the use of authority with his mouth.
Beloved, what do you bring upon your family with your mouth? Is it a blessing or a course?
It is quite unfortunate that many have brought damaging impacts on their family rather than blessings! In most parts of Africa we know more of words that can curse than blessings. With our mouth we have entered into strange covenant with the devil that plays out on the lives of unborn generations.
Dear husband learn to bless your family with your mouth. Learn to pray for your wife like Isaac did to his wife:
Genesis 25:21 Isaac prayed to the Lord on behalf of his wife, because she was childless. The Lord answered his prayer, and his wife Rebekah became pregnant.( NIV)
Isaac terminated the yoke of barrenness with his own mouth because he understood his role as a husband, he recognized the authority in his mouth and deployed it.
Proverbs 18: 21. Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.*
What is leadership?
Leadership is influence.
Remember this: Heaven is real and hell is real. Don’t joke with your eternal soul, get serious with Jesus.
– Father thank you for your word to me today.
– Lord I receive grace to be a good head to my family in the name of Jesus
– I prophesy restoration of every broken home in the name of Jesus. Your marriage will not be a victim of satanic attack in the name of Jesus
– To all the singles in the house you will have the best of marriage in the name of Jesus
From your brother Alex
God bless you.