‘I SAID TO MY WIFE, WHERE IS IT WRITTEN THAT ONLY THE MOTHER SHOULD TAKE CARE OF THE CHILDREN, VISIT THEM IN SCHOOL, PAY ATTENTION TO THEIR LISTS, ANSWER THEIR QUESTIONS. I SAID, WHERE IS IT WRITTEN?
APPRECIATION IS PROOF OF HUMILITY AND HUMILITY IS NOT STUPIDITY. HUMILITY IS HIGH MENTALITY.
WISE PEOPLE ARE HUMBLE. FOOLISH PEOPLE ARE ARROGANT.
THOSE WHO CAN’T TELL PEOPLE THANK YOU FIND IT HARD TO SAY THANK YOU TO GOD.
IF YOU MUST SUSTAIN AUTHORITY, YOU MUST POSSESS HUMILITY.
WICKED HUSBANDS NEVER SAY THANK YOU TO THEIR WIVES.
-Pastor Paul Enenche at Dunamis International Gospel Centre on ‘THE WORD OF OUR PROFIT’ at Power Communion Midweek Service, Glory Dome.
We are here tonight to say thank You, Lord.
Give the Lord a clap and a shout of praise. And so I will charge us with a subject on praise known as:
THE CHARACTER OF APPRECIATION.
We want to understand two things:
- The character of praise. When I mean the character of praise?
The character attributes of appreciation and Thanksgiving.
- The outcome of appreciation.
Thanksgiving/Appreciation are signs of good behavior. Our parents told us when we were growing up, always learn to say thank you, don’t take anything for granted.
If someone does anything good for you, tell them thank you.
There are words that they tell us are words of good behavior; please, thank you, excuse me, sir, I am sorry.
What is in Thanksgiving that makes it good character especially towards God:
- Appreciation is proof of kindness or generosity: towards the person you are appreciating, it is proof of kindness or generosity. Psalm 29:2. You are kind enough and generous enough not to deprive a person of what is due to him.
You know wicked husbands never say thank you to their wives for no reason.
“Is it not her duty to serve me food?” “Is it not her duty to take care of the children?
Sometimes, my wife traveled to see our children and returned back. So, I said to her, ” thank you for helping me take care of the children”. And she said,” what do you mean sir, helping you to take care of the children. Are they not her children too?
I said they are your children too but where is it written that only the mother should take care of the children, visit them in school, pay attention to their lists, answer their questions. I said, where is it written?
Do you know in the animal kingdom, it is the lions that keep the children and the lioness goes for hunting.
Do you know that the male ostrich keeps the children and the female one goes out?
But here, we say “Oh I am the man of the house”. The woman is almost dying with the care of children and the man is not aware.
Do their homework for them, visit them in school, cook food, iron clothes because I married a ‘donkey’. Kind-hearted people say thank you.
It is proof of goodness, and you see what we do to man, we take it to God. Those who can’t tell people thank you find it hard to say thank you to God.
You can say thank you to your children, thank you husbands, thank you to your staff.
My wife is used to saying well-done to our drivers, She will call their names and appreciate them.
So, if you don’t know how to say thank you to God or man, your character is bad.
- Appreciation is proof of gratitude: it is proof of a grateful heart, a heart that don’t take things for granted.
You don’t think it’s your right. I heard a story of a young man. If you gave him a pen, he will collect it and say it just returned back to the original owner. Very wicked heart, instead of saying thank you, he will say this thing just returned back to the original owner. Will you ever have any business to do with such a person?
And the hearts that are grateful are very few. That’s why greatness is very minimal.
- Appreciation is proof of humility: you are humble enough to know that, what happened you didn’t do it.
When people give me offering and say I just want to give you this, I am appreciative of the healing I received in service. I brought this offering for you . I say, I can’t receive it because I am not the Healer. Put it in the offering.
Humble people are profusely grateful.
There are great men, God has brought me contact with.
You put small seed in an envelope and you showed appreciation. People that, what you have does not make any difference in their lives.
I told you the story last time, when I told somebody to come by flight. He took it as if it was his right.
And I said, okay don’t bother, come by road. By the time he reached here and we talked, his corrected. I gave me his flight money back.
It’s proof of humility and humility is not stupidity. Humility is high mentality. Wise people are humble, foolish people are arrogant because they don’t know how much doors were closed because of their arrogance.
- Appreciation is proof of helplessness under God: 1 Chronicles 15:26. When you are saying to God thank You, you are actually saying, I feel very helpless if not that You helped me. I feel very unqualified if not that You helped me.
Someone told me that the kind of miracles we are seeing are the type that you need to fast for 40 day before seeing such. And now, you don’t have 40 days before the crusades, you don’t even have 20 before crusade. You don’t have 10 days in between two healing and deliverance service. And God is doing these things at the frequency of fire/ligh.
- Appreciation is proof of honesty:fake people can’t say thank you, especially to God. Very fake, shoulders raised. Untruthful people can’t say thank you, especially to God. Claim glory that is not theirs and that is a lie.
- Appreciation is proof of reliability: that is, you are reliable. Luke 17:11.
- Appreciation is proof of Godliness/righteousness Genesis. 1:1 – End, Hebrews. 6:10
When you remember and are able to say thank you, it is your proof of godliness. Godliness means ‘god-likeness’.
Begin appreciation from where you are – start it with the people of your life, start it with your wife,your children, your relatives, your staff.
- Appreciation is proof of conviction; it is proof of faith Psalm. 106:12; Hebrews. 11:6.
WHAT IS THE OUTCOME OF THE CHARACTER OF APPRECIATION?
- Entrustment with more Divine results.
- Victory over the temptation of pride and vainglory: If you must sustain authority you must possess humility, and that humility comes in tireless appreciation.
- Acceleration to higher dimensions of Divine Intervention. 1Corinthians. 2:9; Luke 17:11-19.