TOPIC: TYPES OF RELATIONSHIPS
Scripture: Proverbs 18: 24. A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.
Beloved, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter!
We have established that relationship is key to accessing the treasure in man, the most important entity. Today, we shall therefore consider the different types of relationships.
What are the different types of relationships that man could have?
1. Relationship with God being the chiefest of all relationships! (John 3:16). It is our relationship with God that determines the success of every other relationship on earth.(Jn.1:12). To reject God is to be damned forever.
2. Relationship with the devi(1Kg.22:53)l: There are several persons who are fraternizing with the devil! The several confraternities that exist both on campus and streets are people who are bold enough to show their allegiance to the devil.
There are those who sleep and wake up communing with the devil, some of them serve as priest in various shrines. Some are mediums and diviners etc.
3. Relationship between human beings(Ruth 2:13):
This is however our focus, but I had to mention the first two because there’s a way our association with spirits can influence our association with mortal men.
The relationship between human beings could be categorized into:
1. General relationships: It is general because man is created as a relational being! So attempt to relate with one another beginning with salutations.
There are those who have lost several years of their lives because they ignored relationships at this level.
For example, you came to a fellowship and you are asked to exchange pleasantries with your neighbour but you refused because you felt the so called neighbour is not your class, only to discover that the person you refused to greet in church is the one that holds the key to the next fifteen years of your life.
Please understand that all blessings come from God but it must pass through men! No man can bless you if God has not blessed you. However God will not push certain blessings to earth without man, to ignore relationships is to die in suffering and hardships.
Our anchor scripture said
Proverbs 18: 24. A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.
You must show yourself friendly if you want people to relate with you! The first protocol of relationship is friendliness! And to be friendly begins with salutations.
There are people who have bought their way into the hearts of the high and mighty by the display of friendliness.
A lady was introduced to a particular family as a wife-to-be to one member of the family, the first shock they received was, “that girl that doesn’t know how to greet” is not welcome here! Just imagine, they haven’t met her to know how good her character is but she was already condemned because of her poor ability to greet.
Another scenerio: a lady that worked in the cold room showed a high level of friendliness by greeting the gate man at the gate every time she was entering the company and when leaving the premises. So on a certain day, she was trapped inside the cold room.
When it was closing time, the usual person was not seen passing with her smile and salutations.
The security on duty was informed and they did a search only to find her trapped down by the door almost at the point of death. If not for her salutations nobody would have known she was missing with a sense of urgency. But her friendliness saved her life that day.
2. Seasonal relationships
Remember this : Heaven is real and hell is real. The decision of where to spend eternity begins now give Jesus a chance today.
– Father thank you for your word to me today.
– Father, help me to maintain good salutations and be friendly with people I meet every day in the name of Jesus.
– I prophesy restoration of wasted years in the name of Jesus.
– May the Lord baptized you afresh with the spirit of humility to be able to maintain a friendly atmosphere with everyone around you in the name of Jesus.
From your brother Alex
God bless you.