TOPIC: UNDERSTANDING THE CONCEPT OF PROSPERITY
Scripture: Job 36: 11. If they obey and serve him, they shall spend their days in prosperity, and their years in pleasures.
Beloved, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter! Yesterday we made an introduction that God desires that you prosper (3Jn.1:2)!
It is clear both from the scriptures and in the lives of men in our contemporary world that God’s desire for His children is that they prosper.
However, this prosperity is conditional. From our anchor scripture we discover two conditions, these are obedience and service;
Job 36: 11. If they obey and serve him, they shall spend their days in prosperity, and their years in pleasures.
Beloved, if what you desire is prosperity then get ready to obey God and get ready to serve Him. Someone will ask, “but there are so many people not serving God yet are prospering?” Well the simple answer is, those people who are not serving God yet seem to be prospering are simply obeying the principles that make for prosperity and God’s integrity is committed to any rules or principles that make for prosperity, wealth and abundance. Any business principle will only produce results because God’s integrity is at work there.
Another reason why people could prosper without serving God is because they have decided to pay allegiance to the devil. These are people who have sold their souls to the devil.
What then is the definition of prosperity?
The word prosperity comes from the word to prosper, which means to do well! To prosper means to possess an ability or power to meet the needs of mankind regardless of what those needs are.
Kinds of prosperity
1. Relational prosperity: This is a prosperity where you posses a quality relationship that gives opportunity to express love and care. You could easily improve yourself and use it to affect lives positively. You could share, learn, affect and impart destinies and build a lasting legacy for generation that follow. David had such relational prosperity. The truth is that if you don’t have such relational prosperity, what you know and have, die with you the moment you bid the world farewell, it cannot be handed over to the next generation.
2. Mental prosperity:
This is the prosperity of the mind. It is possessing a well developed mind that can be deployed to improve the quality of your life and that of others. It is possessing a mind that can break the prejudice of racism, cultural or gender difference like Daniel in the land of Babylon; he had mental prosperity that made him ten times better than his contemporaries(Dan.1:20). The secret to mental prosperity is investments into your mind through studies and research that can help it develop maximally.
3. Spiritual prosperity: It is possessing a regenerated spirit. That is being born again, getting transformed and empowered to live like Christ. It is possessing a life that understands the operations of the kingdom and deploying it to benefit humanity.
Spiritual prosperity is so vital because if you are not born again and get transformed, you can kill because of money. Those who cheat, cut corners every time are either not born again or born again but not transformed! Anytime you compromise to become rich, you mock God if truly you are His child.
Beloved, perhaps you were once born again but did not become transformed and this has led you into some messy situations and now your hands are soiled, I have good news for you: Jesus is still interested in you, so don’t condemn yourself, you can still return to Him. If you are willing and would like to make peace with God, kindly reach out to me for prayers.
Remember this: Heaven is real and hell is real! The decision of where to spend eternity begins now. Don’t gamble with your eternal soul.
– Father thank you for your word to me today.
– Lord, I receive the grace to obey you for my prosperity in the name of Jesus.
– I declare whatever has been swallowing your prosperity lose their power over you now in the name of Jesus.
– The God of new beginnings shall do a new thing in your life this month in the name of Jesus.
From your brother Alex
God bless you.
Spread the loveOPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL DATE: SUNDAY, 3RD JULY, 2022 TOPIC: TO DO AND …