Topic : UNDERSTANDING THE GRACE OF OUR LORD JESUS
Scripture :2 Corinthians 8: 9. For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.
Beloved, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter with the word of His grace! Our anchor scripture says “For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ”! Invariably we are supposed to know, hence our topic today is to understand the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ as we depends on the Holy Spirit.
What is the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ?
- It is a grace that bestows upon us the blessings of God. The acronym, “God’s Riches At Christ’s Expense” defines what the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ is! It is God freely providing for us (as we trust in the work of His Son) all that we will ever need, all that we will ever yearn for, all that He has commanded us to walk in and become-realities that we could never produce on our own, could never earn, and could never deserve.
Ephesians 1: 3. Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: 2 Corinthians 13: 14. The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. This is why it is used as the benediction. In every Christian gathering, we often recite it. Most of us recite it without understanding. Know from today, when you share the grace at the close of every meeting, you are prophesying blessings upon your life. Do it with understanding!
- It is a grace that makes rich
2 Corinthians 8: 9. For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich .
It is a grace that makes provision of exchanging our poverty with Christ’s riches! This explains why to remain in poverty is an abuse of redemption. To remain poor for life is an indication that you don’t know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, if truly you are a child of God. Please know for sure, God is not glorify in your poverty! Neither is He happy to see you poor, broke begging for survival. It is an error for the son of the Monarch of the universe to beg to survive, this is an error :
Ecclesiastes 10: 5. There is an evil which I have seen under the sun, as an error which proceedeth from the ruler: 6. Folly is set in great dignity, and the rich sit in low place. 7. I have seen servants upon horses, and princes walking as servants upon the earth.
This error was corrected by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ!
Our anchor scripture says “For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus that though He was rich…”! The grace that saved you didn’t just redeem you to continue in poverty. Poverty is a curse! You are not permitted to remain in poverty any more.
So, despite riches being part of our redemption, many are still wallowing in abject poverty! Why is it so? This is the big question on the mind of every one! Well, the simple answer is, many don’t understand the grace of our Lord Jesus and the responsibility that is expected of them to take. For those who claim to know the grace of our Lord Jesus that are not willing to take steps to get out of poverty, remain poor and blame God for their poverty. You are not permitted to be poor anymore, the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ made you rich, understand this and engaging the necessary action steps that will take you out of poverty permanently.
Remember this: Heaven is real and hell is real, the life you are living on earth plus the choice you make every day determines where you will spend eternity.
- Father thank you for your word to me today,
- Lord I receive my redemptive package of riches at Christ expense, I reject poverty and his team in Jesus name.
Prophetic Declaration :
- I prophesy Grace to accomplish all your goals in life, receive it.
- From today, may men and women compete to favour you every where you go in the name of Jesus.
- May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you and work for you (Amen)!
From your brother Alex
God bless you.