TOPIC: UNDERSTANDING THE ROLE OF A HUSBAND IN FAMILY LIFE (PART 2)
Scripture: 1 Timothy 3: 4. One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;
Beloved, we said yesterday that leadership is influence. We shall continue.
What do we mean by influence?
It is changing someone or making someone to do something without directly forcing them to do it!
Leadership begins from home and the first man to be a leader was Adam, a worthy husband!
He was the first priest, father and husband leading the first family on earth. Adam was built with the capacity to influence his family. Therefore every husband who wants to truly influence his home very well, must develop capacity to do that.
Capacity building must be a none negotiable factor on constant basis. Age does not make you a leader rather it is the investment made into your life because you can only give what you have! You can’t lead people to where you don’t know, you must know the way to be able to show the way.
How then do hustbands influence their families as leaders?
1. Through prayer: a praying husband will surely influence his family as he takes charge spiritually.
2. Through the teaching of the word of God; The word works! The husband of the house must constantly teach the word, which of course must be in his own life.(Deut.6:6-7)
3. Through sound moral: The childrent cannot be influenced positively when they observe you living contrary to what you profess!
For example, a home where the father always beats the mother yet every morning they do morning devotion with scripture is setting up a bad influence because you are sowing seeds of hypocrisy.
4. Living by example(Jn.13:5-14): Set the standard of a servant leader by serving everybody in the house;
John 13: 15. For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.
5. Value people, be concerned about what bothers them. Be interested in the success of every body in the family. Do your best to show that their effort is valued and appreciated.
6. Be an astute manager of your family (1Tim.3:4-5): It is one quality of selecting a Pastor in the Bible days! Our anchor scripture says if you cannot manage your family how can you manage the church as a shepherd.
Every husband must know how to manage the family well;
A. By being responsible in provision for the care and nurture of the family;
1 Timothy 5: 8. But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.
B. By taking initiative steps! That is initiate what is not working and makes it work, initiate Bible study, family meeting, fasting and prayer etc
C. Be the first to initiate reconciliation for any misunderstanding either between husband and wife or children and parents and in-laws.
D. Be sound in decision making. Before taking any decision he must get the facts first. He must not judge from one person’s view. He must hear from all the parties involved gets the facts before taking decision.
In conclusion, we must remember the words of David one of the greatest leaders:
2 Samuel 23: 3. The God of Israel said, the Rock of Israel spake to me, He that ruleth over men must be just, ruling in the fear of God.
Please see your leadership position as a privilege and handle it in the fear of God.
Also note that it is not enough to know all these truth, you must commit them to heart and do them. Jesus said:
John 13: 17. If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them.
Remember this: Heaven is real and hell is real! To neglect the atoning work of Jesus on the cross is to sign up for eternity in hell. Surrender to Jesus today.
– Father thank you for your word to me today
– Lord help me to lead my family with your fear. And as a wife help me to be loyal to my husband in Jesus name.
– I declare the battle for the soul of your family is won! The shame prepared for your family is averted now in Jesus name.
– To every single out there, receiving this message, your family shall be the best in the name of Jesus.
From your brother Alex
God bless you.
Spread the love🍓💐SEEDS OF DESTINY🔥A DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE BY DR PASTOR PAUL ENENCHE (DUNAMIS INTERNATIONAL …