TOPIC : UNDERSTANDING THE ROLE OF A WIFE IN FAMILY LIFE
Scripture : Genesis 2: 18. And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
Beloved, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter. As we enter into the last week of the month, we shall seek to understand the role of the two actors of family life which are husband and wife. Let’s begin with the role of the wife in marriage relationship and family in general.
It is a well known fact that the female folks are wonderful species in God’s creation because they represent a dimension of God.
The woman is a gate way into this world, nobody here will be existing today without a woman- meaning a man with a womb! Although there is this popular opinion in some quarters that women are necessary evil! But in my opinion, women are not necessary evils!
Rather they are necessary for life to continue on earth. The first woman that was created found herself in a marriage relationship as a wife as soon as she was created. Her role was defined even before she was created :
Genesis 2: 18. And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
Please observe the statement “an help meet” meaning a helper suitable for her husband. It will interest you to know God is the only one with the title Helper (Psalm121:1,2).
So God created a dimension of Himself and wired it into the woman for the purpose of helping her husband through this world.
The need of every husband varies as the age changes. For example an old man wouldn’t need a wife that will cheer him but sure need a companion that will keep him company! So every wife must understand the peculiar needs of her husband per time as she seeks to meet those needs.
It is quiet unfortunate that most women have forgotten their role and the reason why God made them wives! Hence, they now compete with their husbands at home.
The wife as a help meet must fulfil her purpose by meeting the needs of her husband. Some of the needs that every wife must seek to meet include :
1. Vision supporter : Every man who has discovered purpose for life is looking for a wife who will help him to achieve his vision.
Therefore align your self with the vision of your husband. Problems arise many times when the wife is pursuing a different vision and the husband is busy pursuing his own vision. Dear wife God kept you in that marriage to help your husband achieve the vision God has given him for life.
2. Confidence booster : Confidence is a feeling or belief that you can do something well or succeed at something! This feeling will die without the support of a good wife.
Dear wife, you are there to boost your husband’s confidence. There is a lion in every man, do your best to bring out that lion in him. If he dreams of becoming a CEO, cheer him up until the dream of CEO come through! Don’t say CEO is not for people like you. Make him act like the king he dreamt of! Dear wife, there is a grace in your mouth, it can bring out the beast or the king in your man.
3. Cheer leader: wives are expected to be the number one fan of their husband!s They’re to cheer him up as he goes out and comes in daily. There is something that wakes up in every man when he hears the voice of his beloved wife saying “go ahead! I’m backing you up! You have my maximum support”etc
4. Stirrer: A wife has the power to provoke her husband either into doing evil or good.
1 Kings 21: 25. But there was none like unto Ahab, which did sell himself to work wickedness in the sight of the LORD, whom JEZEBEL HIS WIFE STIRRED UP.
Jezebel was a stirrer who understood the power of womanhood, she employed it to her own advantage. If she was godly, she would have stirred her husband into godly things but because of the kingdom she belonged to, she stirred him into evil. Dear wife don’t stir your husband into iniquity! If he is planning to join the occult, speak against it. If he is taking what does not belong to him speak against it, that is why you are there.
5. Companions: Husbands need a companion especially at old age. Adam was once alone without a wife until God decided to give him one. Eve came to help Adam and part of that help was to be a companion to him throughout life.
Remember this : Heaven is real and hell is real! The rejection of Jesus Christ will take any one to hell. Accept Jesus today.
– Father thank you for your word to me today!
– Lord, help me to play my role as an ideal wife in Jesus name.
Prophetic Declaration :
– I prophesy healing to every sick marriage in the name of Jesus.
– To the single out there, for every male there is a female version, wherever the version of the one that will help you fulfil purpose is, let there be a divine connection now in Jesus mighty name.
From your brother Alex
God bless you.