The Bible Study Verse: Ephesians 3:20 :“Unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all we can ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us”.
God is the source of all things, he is the source of our life and anything we could ever need comes from him. The bible says; the earth is the Lord’s and the fullness thereof (Psalm 24:1), God has everything within his reach and he is able to give it to us, the children of God must know and understand that God owns the universe and everything that is in it, and he is willing and able to give it to his children that ask him and obey him, doing his will.
We saw many times all through scriptures, various instances where God proved to humanity that he is the source of everything and he is a great provider, he supplied the need of everyone that call on him In sincerity and truth.
From the scriptures; in Ephesians 3:20 The Bible says “Unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all we can ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us”.
God is able to do more than what we can ever ask or imagine, he is able to deliver excess unto us, he is able to do more than we ask of him, this understanding must come alive in you, most of the actions of our faith are enacted by our understanding, you can only see God to the degree of the understanding you have about him.
The Bible says; they that know their GOD shall be strong and do exploits (Daniel 11:32). So what you know about God is what determines the exploits you can command, for instance; there is that which Daniel knows about God, that made the Lions to keep calm with him, they didn’t do anything to Daniel, there is something Moses knew about God, that made him to path the red sea, behind every exploits of faith is the knowledge of God.
God wants us to know him as a God who is able to do exceedingly, abundantly, above all we can ever ask or imagine, it has happened all through the scriptures and it will happen in your life in Jesus name.
Let’s look at two instances where it happened in the bible;
In John 6: 10 – 13, we saw the miracle JESUS did, where he fed 5000 with 5 loaves of bread and 2 fishes, amazingly, they were more than 5000, because they only counted the men, and there were women and children in that meeting, aside from feeding them as many as they were, in verse 13, we saw that there was a left over of 12 basket, which means, God provided over and above what was needed, he supplied more than enough, this is the God that we serve, blessed be the name of the Lord, Amen.
Also in Luke 5: 5 to 10 we saw another Miracle that Jesus did, after he had used the boat of Peter, he asked him to launch his net into the deep, and even thought Peter had toiled all night, he obeyed God and it turned for to him for a miracle, he didn’t just catch multitude of fishes, he caught so much that his net couldn’t hold it anymore, the bible says, the net began to break, he also beckoned on his partners from the other ship to come and help him, the bible says, they filled the both ships with fish and it was so much so, that their ships began to sink, this is a practical proof of God supplying exceedingly and abundantly above all we can ask or imagine.
Also, we saw the widow that went to the prophet in 2 Kings 4:1 – 7; The woman obeyed the prophet, borrowed vessels, the Oil increased so much that the woman sold it and paid all the debt off, yet there was lest over money, sufficient to cater for herself and her children, this is what God can do, this is the power of God at work, this is the kind of GOD we serve, he specializes in doing the impossible and blowing our mind.
How can I Experience God’s Exceeding and Abundance Grace in my Life?
- Love the Lord: The best of God is preserved for those that love him, lovers of God always get the best from God, endeavor to grow in your love for the Lord, this is a major qualifier for God’s blessings, God reserves his best for those that loves him, the bible says; eyes have not seen nor ears heard, neither as it come to the heart of men, what God as prepared for them that love him ( 1 Corinthians 2:9 ). Your love for God is a qualifier for exceeding Grace; he makes his abundance available to you, when you love him genuinely.
- Know the Lord : This is another factor that enhances your access to the Exceeding and Abundant Grace in Christ, the knowledge of God that you have is a factor that determines how much of God you can experience, the more you know God, the more of his Grace will be made available to you, any area where you are not seeing his Grace yet, you probably do not have the knowledge of God in that area yet, so you are to equip yourself with the knowledge of God that will produce his Grace in your life. Infact ; growing in the knowledge of God is actually growing in Grace, it increases the velocity of the Grace of God upon your life.
- Believe his Word: This is very important, the bible says in our anchor scripture, that God is able to do above all we ask or imagine, your believe is what determines what you can get, for instance, someone maybe saying, Lord make me a millionaire, give me an idea that will cause me to prosper in all my ways, another person maybe saying, God just give me my daily bread, I don’t want to be rich, but just keep me averagely okay. The two requests are showing us how the both party believe God, someone knows that God is able to make all Grace abound to him, another person just want to be on an average level, and God will answer them both based on their request, that is how it works, but I encourage you today, to grow in faith, by believing the word of God; God is too big than how many of us take him, God doesn’t have a problem giving you 3x your bill, it all depends on your level of faith. Start believing the word of God the more and start declaring it over yourself so that you can see him manifest his word in your life, so shall it be in JESUS NAME.
- Watch your Thinking: Our anchor scripture made it clear that, God is able to do both what we ask and what we think, it is a pity that the devil is more skillful at using our thoughts against us, than we use our own thoughts for our advantage, you cannot afford to have an empty mind, you need a loaded heart to have a loaded future, your life is a reflection of your thought, the word of God just confirmed for us now that God fulfill the thoughts of our heart, whether good or bad, so you need to upgrade the quality of your thoughts, if you want to get better results. Start thinking Big, so that big things will start coming your way, see your life prospering, see your future blossoming, see your marriage flourishing, see your business expanding, you need to see it in your mind first, before you can see it in your life. It is thought quality that determines life quality, let the word of God change your mind, for example; the bible says in Psalm 1: 3, that whatsoever you lay your hands upon, shall prosper, believe this word, let this thought fill your heart concerning your Business and finances, and it will become a reality in your life.
- Give God thanks: This is the greatest pass mark to experience the Grace of God, when you give God thanks for what he has done, he will yet do more, thanksgiving is a doorway to increase in the kingdom of God, anyone that is not praiseful and grateful can never experience increase, it takes a grateful heart to see increase on every side. God does more than we ask, when we give him praise, the Bible says; He is glorious in holiness, fearful in praises doing wonders;(Exodus 15:11 ) so God does wonders in Praise. If you want to see the wonders of God in your life, give him praise, give him quality thanks, don’t join the complainers and murmurers, be full of gratitude and appreciation and you will see God doing more than you expect him to do in your life.
I hope this sermon as blessed your life today? May you experience the Grace of God in all ramification of your life henceforth in Jesus name, Amen.
God bless you.