As a Christian, there are many challenges we face in our Christian journey, many of them are highly targeted at our Christian stand, to make us fall by the road side, but if you make up your mind to stand and live right, you can prevail, there is power in decision making, it is your decision that God will empower, without decision you cannot prevail.
I will be listing some prayer points here against fornication and adultery, but before we get into the prayer aspect, let me make something clear here; it is not an issue of spiritual attack, there are some kind of issues that are from our lustful desires and uncontrolled emotional attachment.
For instance, I shared a story sometimes ago, of a man who ended up sleeping with a married woman, which he met when he went to a shopping mall, it was a terrible experience for him, after the incident, he began to regret his action, but this was something that could have been avoided in the first place.
Some people are not discipline in the way they relate or chat with opposite sex, you need to be deliberate about some things if truly you don’t want to fall a victim cheaply, your decision is what will keep you in good standing.
What is Fornication?
Two young people sleeping together who are not married to each other, this is people who are young and yet to be married, but they are already having sex together, that is the sin of fornication.
What is Adultery?
This is the sin committed by two people, who are married to different partners, but they are having sex together. This means, they are not married to each other, they have their own spouse already, but for whatever reasons, they come together and started dating each other, against their marriage vows and even have sex together, this is breaking the marriage covenant and the consequence can be very terrible.
Sexual sin is a big trap in the hand of the devil, he has used it to wreck so many giants and make a prey of them, he was used it even against many Pastors, and they are now cheap in his hand, the reason why the devil deploy the weapon of sexual sin is because he knows, when you do it, your love for God will reduce, your fire level too will reduce and you will definitely lose out in power.
You cannot be powerful when you are fornicating or engaging in the sin of adultery, you lose your level of authority and command, it also leads to mental decadence, you will not be able to take wise decisions because your mental capacity will go down, it also opens the door to many manipulations and attack of the devil, it restrict your access and your advancement.
This is really something to wage war against indeed, you must resist the devil in this area, so that he will not get you cheaply, the devil is always on the outlook for the weakness of believers to get them, but you must be prayerful and watchful so as not to fall a victim of this ordeal.
Does the Bible talks about Adultery and Fornication?
Yes, the bible talks about it many times; I will list some of them below;
1 Corinthians 6:18–19 –
“Run from sexual sin! No other sin so clearly affects the body as this one does. For sexual immorality is a sin against your own body. Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself.”
- Hebrews 13:4 – Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous.
- “You Shall Not Commit Adultery” (Exodus 20:14).
- Exodus 20:17: “You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his male servant, or his female servant, or his ox, or his donkey, or anything that is your neighbor’s.
- 1 Corinthians 6:20 – For you are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.
- 1 Corinthians 6:16 – Or know ye not that he that is joined to a harlot is one body? for, The twain, saith he, shall become one flesh.
How to Overcome Adultery and Fornication:
- Be Born Again: This is the beginning of victory; you cannot overcome the devil and his strategy, if you don’t belong to Jesus Christ, and you have to belong to him, for him to have his way in your life. The way to victory is to give your life to Jesus, accept him as your lord and savior, then he will give you the power to overcome sin always (John 1:12). Until you are saved and redeemed by the blood of Jesus, you cannot overcome sinful lust and habit, your first bail out is to come to Jesus, let him rescue you, then you will become victorious over it.
- Go and Marry: Just like I said earlier, there are aspects of this sin that are not completely spiritual, they are just emotional or nature, if you are of age and you are ripe for marriage, it is better you go and marry, it will save you from many headaches, because some people cannot hold themselves for long, and the longer they wait, the more vulnerable they become, it is wisdom to go and marry. Young people are always the one falling victim of fornication, instead of falling here, just pray and plan for your marriage and with God, it shall be a success, this will help you overcome this challenge.
- Be faithful to your Spouse: While you have overcome fornication as a young person, adultery is waiting for you as a married person; you must fight it, wage war against it, till you win. Some people think when they are married, they are free from sexual sin, this is not completely true, though you can create a wall against it, based on the way you do, the way you carry yourself and all that, but the truth is, the tendency and vulnerability are always there, you are the one that will resist it and the easiest way to do this, is by staying faithfully committed to your spouse, always remember the vow you made on your wedding day, and stay glue to it, don’t compromise it.
- Be Prayerful and Spiritual: This is it, sexual attacks your spiritual stamina, it diminishes your strength in the lord, in the same vain, your spiritual life disallow you from falling into sexual sin, enhance your spirituality by staying in the place of prayer, when you are fervent in prayer, you will not fall victim of some things, prayerfulness enhances watchfulness, it will not allow you to fall prey of certain things, it keeps you ever in check at all time. The bible says in Galatians 5:16, Walk in the spirit and you will not fulfill the desires of the flesh. Anything that brings you closer to God, takes you farther away from sin, it keeps you from falling. We saw in the story of Samson and Delilah, Samson was not sensitive because he was busy having sex with Delilah, till his destiny as traded away, he was not praying, he was always having sex with her, not knowing Delilah is a serpent that was sent to bite him.
- Keep healthy Distance with Opposite SEX: This is another major bail out, everybody knows their vulnerability, so it is wisdom to take care of it, don’t fall victim of it, do away with opposite sex, don’t set a trap for yourself, what are you doing that you are chatting with an opposite sex in the midnight and you said, she’s your friend, by chatting long hours together you both start building a strong bond and if care is not taken, it can lead to something else, that you do not desire. I always counsel people, make your spouse or fiancé, your friend, let them be your closest your friend, this alone will save you from many headache, instead of building unhealthy bond with a stranger friend, who will influence you to do what you ought not to do, build more bond with your partner.
- Be Watchful: Watchfulness is necessary, both as a single person and a married person, you must be watchful, if you must be victorious. I have seen single people fall into the trap of sleeping with married people, all because they fail to be watchful, they saw the signs and vulnerability, yet they refused to exit such toxic friendship, till it affected them negatively. I have also seen married men who ended up sleeping with their wife’s friend or workplace friend, because they refused to be watchful, watchfulness is so paramount, so that you don’t fall victim of cheap trap. Let your eyes and mind be open, if you discover there is an unhealthy attachment with an opposite sex, disconnect from them, don’t bring shame upon yourself and your marriage, May God grant you wisdom.
- Be Open to your Spouse: Finally, this is my counsel today, be open to your spouse, be clear to them, don’t hide anything from them, this concept of hiding things from your partner is killing you small small, it has even ruined many marriages, don’t let it ruin yours, tell your spouse everything, it happened to a man in Lagos, he booked an appointment with a woman in an hotel, who actually happened to be a friend, they just wanted to have an hangout (which is wrong anyway), it ended up becoming a sex hangout, he was so pained when he made the report online, he said he can’t believe he had sex with a married woman. He almost couldn’t forgive himself, this is what lack of watchfulness can cause, be wise, be sensitive, and be watchful. May God help you.
Prayer Points against the Spirit of Lust and Adultery;
- – Father in the name of JESUS, every arrow of sexual lust fired into my body, die by fire.
- – Every trap of sexual attack, error and mistake that the enemy as program against me, let it be destroyed in Jesus name.
- – Father, I declare my freedom from every force of sexual addiction and sin manipulating my destiny.
- – Every sexual addiction that i inherit from my parents, be destroyed by fire.
- – Every strange woman sent to my life, by the devil be destroyed in Jesus name.
- – I covered my heart and thought with the blood of Jesus, my mind be renewed right now from all immorality in Jesus name.
- – The word of God is working in my life, i am sanctified by the word and made whole in Jesus name.
- – I break every connection with spiritual husband and wife, i declare my freedom today in Jesus name.
- – I come against every sexual intercourse in the dream, that is stagnating my life and destiny.
- – I destroy every soul ties connecting me negatively with my past sexual partners.
- – I declare freedom every sexual bondage that a held me captive.
- – I declare that Jesus Christ as set me free and am free indeed.
- – Lord, I receive the Grace never to go back to my vomit, Amen.
God bless you, share with others and bless them.