AND WHY MEMBERS OF POWER AND PROPHETIC-BASED MINISTRIES ALSO RETURN BACK TO WORD-BASED MINISTRIES:
AND WHAT THE BOTH MINISTRIES MUST DO TO MANAGE THE SITUATION:
ALL PROPHETIC CHURCHES ARE FILLED WITH MEMBERS FROM WORD BASED MINISTRIES:
ALL PRAYER HOUSES ARE FILLED WITH MEMBERS FROM WORD BASED MINISTRIES:
AND ALL WORD BASED MINISTRIES ARE FILLED WITH PEOPLE THAT SECRETLY PATRONISE PROPHETS:
THEY WILL NOT COMPLETELY LEAVE BUT WILL ALWAYS CONSULT WITH THEM:
AS A WORD BASED PASTOR, THREE THINGS YOU MUST PUT IN PLACE:
AND AS A PROPHETIC BASED MINISTER, THREE THINGS YOU MUST PUT IN PLACE:
NOW TO THE WORD BASED MINISTER-
Remember, the Kingdom of God is not in Word, but in the Demonstration of the Power of the Holy Spirit.
1. Never preach the Word to the point where you, with your statements, kill the desire to pray, in the hearts of your people.
Whether you like it or not, your people secretly go to take prayers elsewhere. The Disciples said ‘we will give ourselves to Prayers and to the Ministry of the Word.
The places you hear them say “it is not in prayers”, also pray every day. And also, Let every Teaching Session end with hot prayers and intercessions. Try and guide against members saying “our Pastor is a Teacher, he does not believe in all this warfare prayers”.
It is not a plus, it is a minus.
Service must be hot, no matter how short.
2. Have a day weekly or monthly where you organize a service to attend to the SPIRITUAL NEEDS of the people under your care. It can be Healing and Deliverance service. It can be Healing school. A prayer mountain service. Or any name you are led to call it. But let it not be your regular one hour teaching service. This one is a very short charge, and then hot prayers and manifestations follow. Put your ears down very well, your members go to such places weekly. We have one here in Warri every Wednesday, even ordained workers of big churches in town will carry packs of bottled water and sit from early morning till late afternoon. Yet in their own churches they will petition a pastor for closing 30 minutes late. Is that not wickedness? A pastor closes 2 hours instead of one hour 30 minutes, and you got angry with him. But the same you sat somewhere with a bottle of water in your hands for 6 hours waiting for prayers to be offered on it for a miracle you believe your word based ministry can’t perform. That is the wickedness of members of word based churches. They hate late closing, but they go elsewhere to sit for hours without complaining.
And if the senior Pastor no longer has energy and passion for this kind of service? Use one of your trusted assistant Pastors to carry it out weekly or monthly. Don’t always be afraid that he will one day resign and go. Even if he decides to resign, let him go, There is no time, you won’t have a better replacement to whoever leaves. That is the mystery of Exit. The replacement is always better than the bereavement.
3. Periodically ask people to come with Prophetic Symbols, as Faith Extensions.
I CALL IT FAITH EXTENDERS.
The Baba of Word Ministry in Nigeria is our Father, Papa David Oyedepo. That is the same place they do FEET WASHING, HANDKERCHIEF/MANTLE MINISTRATIONS, BLOOD OF SPRINKLING, ANOINTING SERVICE and WEEKLY COMMUNION SERVICE.
Because they are all rooted and founded in the Word.
When something is found in God’s Word, you are not going astray operating in it.
Just be sure it is found in God’s Word.
Spiritual is a combination of two words, Spirit and Ritual.
That is, the spirit and his rituals.
You don’t do it everyday and everytime, but you must do it occasionally, otherwise, you will have your members secretly go to take prayers in every Prayer Houses in town.
They will still come back on Sunday morning, but some of them get there and get their lives more complicated. Don’t get confused, even Jesus the Word Personified, spat on the ground to heal a blind man.
If I ask you to mention the names of the First Word-Based churches in Nigeria, I can tell you confidently that all the names you will mention also operate the Power and Spirit dimensions of ministry.
Think about it.
NOW TO THE PROPHETIC-BASED MINISTERS
Remember, in John 6:26. Jesus said to them “you seek me not because of the miracles you saw, but because of the bread and fish you ate and are filled. These are 2 deadly groups to the pastor.
Those who seek you for miracles and those who seek you for welfare.
In the history of church operation, no Pastor has been able to keep these 2 groups of people.
Even Jesus was not able to keep them. Towards the end of the Ministry of Jesus, He lost all Miracle Seekers. They all said “this is a hard saying who can bear it?”, and they refrain from following Him. But Peter, a Product of the Word said “to whom shall we go seeing that you have the Word of Eternal Life.
From the above I have said,
THREE THINGS EVERY PROPHET SHOULD PUT IN PLACE.
1. Never run a MARKET-PLACE KIND OF CHURCH. No matter how sweet a market is, it must always close at some point.
NO MARKET LASTS FOREVER. Customers must come and buy, but must also go after buying.
Customers who buy and stay with you for sometime, are customers who have a personal relationship with you.
So build a Relationship-Based Ministry.
2. Don’t run a HOSPITAL KIND OF MINISTRY.
Patients must be treated and discharged.
No matter how you love your doctor, you don’t pray to be with him forever.
The danger with this kind of Ministry is that, if they get well, they will go away and if they don’t get well, they will still go away.
Your church may be General Hospital, the new church may be a Teaching Hospital.
3. Use the gift God gave you to bring them.
The Gift of Prophecy and Power Manifestations attracts.
Then try and teach them before you display your giftings in solving their problems.
Those who love you for feeding their Soul and Spirit, will stay after getting their miracles, because they were well fed spiritually.
REMEMBER, in Nigeria, Prophetic and Miracle Churches disappear faster than Word Based churches.
A Word-Based Church may become weak after the death of the Founder if there is no new teaching Priest, but a Miracle and Prophetic Church without the Word, will die even while the Founder is still very much alive.
WHAT THEN IS THE BALANCE?
JUST THREE THINGS…
We are told in scripture that JESUS IS THE WISDOM AND POWER OF GOD:
1. Those who are Called into the Word Based Ministry must develop the Power Based Ministry.
And those that are Called into Power Ministry, must also develop the Word Ministry.
This can be achieved by impartation.
2. Every Shepherd like David, must have their 5 smooth stones in their Shepherd’s bag, representing the Five-Fold Ministry.
You use them as occasion permits.
A New Testament Church must have the Five-Fold Ministry in operation.
3. Every Pastor needs a Prophet and every Prophet needs a Pastor. From time to time, bring them around to be a blessing to your congregation. So that your Congregation don’t lack in any area.
But whoever you are bringing must be a Pastor and a Prophet with integrity, who immediately he finishes ministering, he has no business with the people under your spiritual care.
Thanks for reading.
Feel free to share.
Comments and Questions are welcome.
Presiding Bishop Answers’ Assembly Warri Delta State Nigeria.