Blessed be the name of the Lord forever, I am glad to bring you the word of the Lord again today, and am sure it will bless you tremendously in Jesus name.
Today, I want to discuss about the subject “In Everything Give thanks” which is according to the word of the Lord in 1 Thessalonians 5:18, it says; Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. This is the word of the lord for me and you today, it is not an advice, it is a command, we are commanded to give God thanks always, both when it is good and when it Is not good enough.
The first time I read this scripture about 10years ago, I asked God questions like, why would you ask us to give thanks, even when things are bad, when things are not going too nice with us, when we have challenges and we cannot even smile or rejoice, yet you say we should give thanks, this is a difficult thing to do.
But remember, the Lord’s way is different from our own way, he walks in exceptional wisdom and power; we are called to a Christian walk of obedience, not of choice.
The Lord gave me a response to my question;
He said to me; I said you should give thanks, because I am the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, I am the only one that have the power to turn a sour situation to good, an unpleasant situation to a glorious one, because I am the alpha and omega.
Now, do we have places in the scriptures where the Lord turned unpleasant situations around for the better? Yes, let’s look at a few of them.
- Jesus turned water to wine – John 2:1-11
- Lazarus came back to Life – John 11
- Money came out from the belly of a fish – Matthew 17:27
- 5loaves of bread and 2 fishes fed 5000 – Matthew 14: 13 – 21
- The Woman with the issue of Blood was healed – Luke 8:43-48
- Paul and Silas Praised and the prison door was open – Acts 16: 16 – 40
- God parted the Red sea – Exodus 14.
These are all examples of God bringing solution to age long issues, challenges or turning a negative situation into a testimony, this is what our God can do, give him praise.
I want you to believe God today, that whatever the situation maybe, you will trust him and as a way to prove your confidence and conviction, you will praise him and thank him always.
Why Should We give Thanks in All things?
- Because God is alpha and Omega, he knows the beginning and the end of everything, and he can turn it around for your good.
- Because God is more than able, he wants us to trust him and believe him, no matter what the situation may look like, he want us to focus our gaze on him even when we are passing through difficult times.
- Because God is moved by our thanksgiving, we saw that in the story of Paul and Silas, even in that situation where they were locked up, they began to praise God and sing, and the lord step in as a mighty one in battle and all the prison doors were loosed, whatever as kept you and your destiny shall be released right now in Jesus name.
- Because Praise and Thanksgiving invites the presence and Power of God upon us, when we give God praise, he releases his presence and according to Psalm 114, nothing can withstand that mighty presence of God.
- It facilitate answers to our prayers; no matter how terrifying the situation maybe, you have to give God thanks first before you pray, your thanksgiving is what opens door to your answered prayer, praying without giving thanks is a waste of time, you must appreciate God first before you see his manifestation.
- Because you are alive: This is so true, the bible makes it clear that the dead cannot praise the lord, if you are alive, and breathing, that is more than enough a reason to give God thanks and praise, whatever you desire, he will bring it to pass in your life, as long as you are still alive, there is hope for the living, God can change your story and turn your life around.
- And finally, because God cannot praise himself; the angels in heaven are doing one thing night and day, they are praising the name of the Lord at all time, this is what they do always, this is also what God wants from me and you, he wants us to give him thanks, praise and glory at all time, that is why he says, “in all thing, Give Thanks” God wants to manifest himself in our life, the bible says, he is “glorious in holiness and fearful in praise, doing wonders (Exodus 15:11)” So God does wonders when we praise him, if you want him to do wonders in your life always, praise him always, let the lifestyle of thanksgiving, be your permanent state of excellence, it releases the wonders of God in your life, it makes God do things in you, for you and through you that will marvel the world, because everything increases in the atmosphere of Praise and thanksgiving (Psalm 67: 3). The earth yield an increase for whosoever praise God often, and the blessings of God is released.
I pray for you today, the blessing of God shall be released in your favour, amen.
God bless you
Written by Pastor Matthew.