WHY SOME MEMBERS FIND FAULT IN ALL THEIR PASTOR SAY, DURING WORD MINISTRATION IN CHURCH SERVICE:
During the Word Ministration in Church, never you set your Heart to hear what you will use against your Pastor.
Always set your Heart to have an Encounter.
Don’t be a Fault-Finder during the preaching of the Word.
A Pastor finished preaching, every person was leaving with Documented Insights, Encounters and the Next Step to take for things to change for the better;
Another Member was having a long list of the things Papa should not have said.
MARRIAGE IS NOT WORKING!
HEALTH NOT WORKING!
BUSINESS NOT WORKING!
FINANCE NOT WORKING!
Yet, all he heard, in the same Service where all these things were addressed, are the things the Man of God should not have said.
WHAT A WASTED TIME!
BUT WHY IS IT SO?
I WILL GIVE YOU SEVEN REASONS:
AND ALSO THREE ADVICE TO PASTORS WITH SUCH MEMBERS:
1. THEY HAVE LOST TOUCH OF WHY GOD BROUGHT THEM TO CHURCH IN THE FIRST PLACE:
According to Isaiah chapter two verse 2 and 3 , the cardinal reason we go to God’s House is for Him to teach us of His ways, so that we can walk in His Paths.
2. THEY DON’T KNOW THE BIBLICAL PURPOSE OF HAVING A PASTOR:
Every Pastor is a Feeder of God’s Flocks committed into his hands.
He gave us Pastors and other Ministry Gifts, for the perfecting of the saints.
3. OVER FAMILIARITY HAS SET IN:
They have become too familiar with their Prophet.
They no longer see their Prophet in the right perspective.
4. THEY ARE SUFFERING FROM PRIDE AND ARROGANCE:
They think they know it all, so anything that is contrary to their knowledge of scripture, is considered wrong. Pride is a killer. They are on the part of destruction.
5. THEY ARE LOOKING FOR WHAT TO HOLD AGAINST THE PASTOR AS THEY PREPARE TO LEAVE THE CHURCH:
When the Heart of a man or woman is set to leave the church, there must be something that was said that he or she doesn’t like.
Those are the generation of “this is a hard saying, who can bear it, and straight away they stopped following Him”.
They always hear what they don’t like, when they want to stop following.
6. THERE IS A HIDDEN BITTERNESS AND OFFENCE IN THEIR HEART AGAINST THE PASTOR THAT HAS NOT BEEN ADDRESSED:
Their heart is bittered against the Pastor.
They no longer love their Pastor genuinely.
They are offended.
Love is suppose to cover the multitudes of sin.
When their love for their Pastor has shifted, they will begin to uncover the mistakes and errors in every preaching they hear from the Altar.
7 THE PASTOR HIMSELF HAS GIVEN SUCH A MEMBER THE POWER, POSITION AND PRIVILEGE HE OR SHE IS ABUSING.
Some Members were doing well, until a title was given to them, that COMPLETELY derailed them.
No matter how close you are to your Pastor, never walk up to him after service and start pointing out faults from the message preached.
You will be foolish doing it.
I have been in meetings, where I don’t agree with most of the things preached, but I took the ones I accept and left other things for those it was Sent To, because what you consider a mistake, is actually another member’s Word from Heaven. You are not the only one in Church.
MY ADVICE TO MEMBERS WHO ARE GIVING TO FINDING FAULT EVERYTIME THEIR PASTORS FINISH PREACHING:
1. Refrain from doing it, it kills the spirit of your Pastor.
2. If you have a genuine correction to give, come up with scriptures and defend your points using scriptures. But only a Pastor NOT WELL ENGAGED will have time for this approach.
3. Go and look for a Pastor and a Church, whose message you accept COMPLETELY, since you are already finding fault with the one God gave you.
MY ADVICE TO PASTORS WITH SUCH A MEMBER:
1. Change how you relate with such a member.
He has become too familiar.
He is already abusing the access he or she has to your office.
2. Start the process of de-robbing him of his Power and Position, so that he can concentrate on his Spiritual Growth.
3. Another thing you can do is to just disregard his words and voice.
Let him do all the talking and corrections, you just keep doing what is right. When he is tired, he will take his leave. If he doesn’t go, he will give up correcting your teachings and always stay outside when you are preaching.
You just ensure you don’t use such a person to do anything serious. And don’t forget to be praying for him, paraventure, he may be restored.
God bless you.
Thanks for reading.
Presiding Bishop Answer’s Assembly Warri Delta State Nigeria.