THERE IS A CONNECTION BETWEEN LOYALTY AND SINCERITY:
THAT A SON IS SINCERE DOESN’T MEAN HE IS DISLOYAL:
LETS SEPARATE DISLOYALTY FROM SPIRITUALITY AND SINCERITY:
SOME OF US ARE LOYAL TO OUR FATHERS BUT WE ARE NOT SINCERE TO OUR FATHERS:
IF A FATHER BELIEVES IN YOU AND LISTENS TO YOU AND ALL YOU DO IS TO TELL HIM LIES TO MAKE HIM HAPPY WITH YOU, YOU ARE A WICKED SON.
THERE IS THE DEPARTMENT OF SINCERITY IN THE SCHOOL OF LOYALTY:
YOU JUST NEED TO HAVE THE MATURITY IN MANAGING SINCERITY:
ONE OF THE BEST GIFTS A FATHER CAN GIVE TO A SON IS A LISTENING EAR, BUT IF THE SON LACKS SPIRITUALITY AND SINCERITY, HE WILL FEED THE FATHER WITH LIES AND FALSE INFORMATION ABOUT THE PEOPLE, THE CHURCH AND THE TRUE POSITION OF THINGS:
EVERY FATHER IS BLESSED WITH TWO KINDS OF SONS: THOSE WHO TELL HIM WHAT HE WANTS TO HEAR AND THOSE WHO TELL HIM WHAT HE NEEDS TO HEAR:
EVERY FATHER MUST HAVE ONE SON WHO IS GIVEN THE PERMISSION TO TELL HIM THE TRUTH EVEN WHEN IT HURTS:
BEFORE YOU ARGUE WITH ME PLEASE READ
If a ruler hearken to lies, All his servants are wicked.
I called my Associate Pastor sometime ago and pleaded with him to always tell me the truth. And I taught him how to tell me the truth.
Because sometimes it is not the truth that gets a leader offended but the way and manner it was presented.
When the truth is presented with disrespect, dishonour and disregard, it will be discarded and the speaker of the truth will be relegated.
Every complain and murmuring in the camp is because of sons who don’t want to tell their father the truth.
He closes late, you can’t tell him, people are complaining, he asked you about the time he closes, if it is okay, you that know people are complaining, still told him it is the move of God, YOU ARE EVIL AND WICKED.
Staff Salary is very poor, he asked you what is your view, you told him ministry is by faith not by salary. Yet you know 90 percent of the staff are complaining… you are not loyal you are wicked.
He wants to invite a Guest speaker that will do damage to his image and the image of the ministry, he asked you of your view, you that know what people are saying, you told him the body of Christ is one. He can bring anybody he is led to bring just to make him happy. YOU ARE A BAD SON.
He asked you to go and find out what is happening in a branch, you got there and saw that everything is completely wrong, the pastor is even sleeping with married women in church but because the pastor gave you a big prophet offering, you came back and told him that the Church is doing well, the pastor is very loyal sir, God said I should tell you that you are wicked to the soul of your leader and father. You are feeding him with lies and falsehood. His blood will be on your head.
He now sent you to another church, you met the church very perfect, everything working according to Headquarters pattern and tradition, Just because the pastor is not a thief, he does not have big offering to give you, you came back and lied to your father that everything there is wrong, and your father is now angry with his innocent son, his blood will be on your head, If he takes a wrong decision.
EVERY WRONG DECISION A FATHER MAKES, IS A DIRECT RESPONSE TO A WRONG INFORMATION A TRUSTED SON FED HIM WITH.
3 REASONS WHY YOU MUST TELL YOUR FATHER THE TRUTH AS PART OF YOUR LOYALTY TO THEM:
- You are more close to the people than him.
Some things may not get to him on time. Always find a way to reach him before things get out hand.
- You are his eyes in that system. Always give him feedback. Don’t only see what he wants you to see. Also see what he is not seeing.
- So that he doesn’t make regrettable mistakes because of your lies or the lies of those going behind you to talk to him. And God will hold all of you responsible.
3 WAYS TO TELL YOUR FATHER THE TRUTH:
- Tell him with the posture of a humble servant.
Your posture matters.
You win arguments through your actions and not just your words.
- Tell him you can’t be part of talking behind him. That it is a vow you have made. You will rather speak in his presence than to join those coming to make him happy in front of him and go behind him to stab him.
- Choose your words wisely. Words are spirits, it can communicate a spirit you are not communicating. Don’t be loud. Don’t give advice.
Don’t give counsel.
Don’t give instructions
Just give a suggestion without even making any suggestion.
3 COUNSEL TO LEADERS AND FATHERS:
- As we celebrate loyalty we should celebrate much more those who can combine their loyalty with sincerity to us. They are priceless.
- Never joke with your feedback system. They can build and destroy at the same time. You must have a way to prove every feedback. I came back from a trip the other day and I was told the Pastor who coordinated the church service did not manage the service well. Immediately, I told the Pastor who came to tell me, you that came to a 7am service by 7:30am, you are the one complaining about a man who came in 6:30am to ensure everything is in place. The matter died a natural death. If I listen to gossip, I will be oppressing a Pastor who came before everyone to ensure everything is in place. So before this pastor came to tell me, they have also reported him that he came 30 minutes late. I did not address him because he knows the law, if you are not on ground before the opening prayers you can’t climb the altar. So the policy will address him not me. Don’t listen to gossip as a father or leader.
- Have a policy of, if you can’t say it in the PRESENCE of the person you are reporting don’t involve me in your fight against another son. So many of my sons have come to me to complain about another son, after listening to them I will just smile and say, it is not that I don’t believe in your report, but we can’t conclude about a fellow brother behind him. For me to run with this information, I will want him to hear it directly from you, so that himself will have the opportunity to speak for himself.
Never forget Proverbs 19:6. Many seek the king’s Favour.
In trying to get favour from a father, some sons will turn a father against other sons.
It tears family apart.
Let’s repent from that evil.
Do you know how many Pastors have been sacked or dismissed because some fathers have the weakness of hearing from one side. Never you take side until you hear from both sides.
Thanks and God bless.
Presiding Bishop Answers’ Assembly Warri Delta State Nigeria.