TOPIC: WISDOM FROM BIBLICAL LEADERS – JOSEPH
Scripture: Genesis 41: 33. Now therefore let Pharaoh look out a man discreet and wise, and set him over the land of Egypt.
Beloved, I welcome you to another Moment of Daily Encounter! The Bible is a rich compendium of great leaders with great wisdom.
One of the leaders to glean wisdom from today is Joseph. According to our anchor scripture, Joseph described himself as “discreet and wise”
What wisdom can we Learn from Joseph’s leadership style?
1. Faithfulness in service (Gen.39;6): Joseph was faithful in all his ways! Right from serving his father to Potiphar’s house, to the prison and then becoming a prime minister, his faithfulness to service is superb!
When he was serving as an estate manager in Potiphar’s house he was faithful to the point that his master committed every thing to his trust.
Beloved, the wisdom of being faithful as a leader has not changed because it pays to serve faithfully. Jesus speaking along this line said:
Luke 16: 12. And if ye have not been faithful in that which is another man’s, who shall give you that which is your own?
2. Refusal to yield to temptation (Gen.39:7-14): Joseph was tempted with the temptation of sexual immorality by his master’s wife and he refused to yield to the temptation.
Dear leader, that you are a leader does not immune you from temptation! It rather exposes you more to it!
But you must be able to develop a fortitude to say No to temptation at all times. If Joseph had yielded to temptation, he would probably not have become a prime minister.
So always look beyond your immediate to your ultimate, if you can see the ultimate goal then you will survive the immediate temptation. Don’t mess around with your boss just to gain undue advantage, you will be sabotaging your future.
3. Joseph understood that when you help others to interpret their dreams, your own dream will be interpreted (Gen.40: 8-15): Joseph interpreted the dream of the butler and the butler recommended Joseph to the king where Joseph’s dream was being interpreted.
Dear leader, never fail to sow the seed of kindness because these are the link to your future harvest.
In whatever capacity you can assist people, please do it because in helping people to achieve their dreams, you are indirectly prophesying your own greatness this is wisdom.
4. Joseph understood that time and season will always change (Gen. 41:29-32): He understand that there will be a time of abundance and there will be a time of scarcity.
Dear leader, don’t think, you always remain in power for life! As long as the earth remain, there will always be different season.
When you have the stage, play your role well because others are coming behind. And it is the preparation you make while in your season of surplus that determine how you will survive the season of scarcity.
5. He proposed the principle of saving 20% of your surplus for a raining day (Gen.41:34)
Dear leader, the wisdom of Joseph is don’t eat everything that comes to you now because you will need it tomorrow! There are some housewives that buy unnecessary properties because they are seeing surplus and when rainy days come, they yell and cry! Your 20% saving is for your investment tomorrow. Learn wisdom from Joseph today.
6. Accountability (Gen.43:23): Joseph did not use his office to divert what is meant for the nation for private use. His family came to buy food, he ensured he paid on their behalf while returned back the money his family brought.
The wisdom of accountability is something to gleaned from Joseph! Don’t use your office to divert state funds for your personal gain.
Remember this: Heaven is real and hell is real. Your eternal soul matters to God, don’t gamble with your eternal destiny, make Jesus your Lord today.
– Father thank you for your word to me today.
– Lord I receive wisdom after the order of Joseph in the name of Jesus.
– I prophesy the release of wisdom to be discrete and prudent in matters, receive it now in the name of Jesus.
– Your destiny shall not be messed up by a supposed boss, associate or relations in the name of Jesus.
From your brother Alex
God bless you.