TOPIC: WISDOM FROM BIBLICAL LEADERS- NEHEMIAH
Scripture: Nehemiah 7: 2. That I gave my brother Hanani, and Hananiah the ruler of the palace, charge over Jerusalem: for he was a faithful man, and feared God above many.
Beloved, welcome to another Moment of Daily Encounter! The Bible is a compendium of wisdom of great leaders whom we can gain wisdom from. Today, we be looking at Nehemiah as a leader.
Wisdom from Nehemiah’s leadership system:
1. Honesty: Nehemiah was known to be a man of his word! He announced his mission to build the wall of Jerusalem (Neh. 2:18) and in 52days he completed the work (Neh.6:15).
Beloved, if honesty is lost, character is lost! If you can be a honest leader, your followers will stake their lives for you. Don’t allow greed to make you divert the funds that was meant for official projects for personal gains! Doing that reduces you as a leader. Be a man of your word, don’t make a promise you cannot keep because if people cannot count on your words they cannot count on you. If your words don’t count, you do not count.
2. Integrity with money: Nehemiah received all the necessary materials from the the king Artaxerxes (Neh.2:8-9) for the building of the wall of Jerusalem. And it was judiciously utilized.
Beloved, when entrusted with money that is not yours, as a leader manage it well. A day of accountability to God is coming, so learn wisdom from Nehemiah.
3. Purity with women(Neh.13:26-27): Nehemiah never used his privilege as a leader to mess around with women, this is a great wisdom.
Beloved, if you are given an opportunity to lead, don’t use your status to mess around with women. There are those who just a little lifting and they start messing around with anything in skirts! Some even go as far as looking for married women and when they refuse thy mount pressure on them. Those who happen to be in the same office with them they make sure such women never enjoy peace including their entitlements. Some of these women, they have denied their promotion for refusing their immoral relationship. This is uncalled for! Child of God, God wants you to repent of this! And if you will need our help in this regard, reach out to us.
4. Delegation(Neh.7:2): Nehemiah understood the principles of delegation and adopted it. One of the founding fathers of the management theory, was that propounded by Henri Fayol. Henri Fayol actually borrowed a leaf from the Bible, the Nehemiah’s system of leadership.
Dear leader, you will not always be everywhere, hence the principle of delegation will save you out of such headache of trying to be everywhere per time. You will achieve better results within a shorter period if you delegate duties.
*What is the principle of delegation?*
It is a process whereby a leader assigns responsibility to the subordinate to carry out the work on his behalf.
How does it operate?
The principle operates by;
A. Get the right job/task because it is not every task that can be delegated.
B. Determine the right circumstances
C. Get the right person to do the job
D. Deploy the right communication
E. Engage the right supervisor
Remember this; Heaven is real and hell is real! The decision of where to spend eternity is best made now. Give your heart to Jesus today.
– Father thank you for your word to me today.
– Lord, I receive the Nehemiah grace for leadership in the name of Jesus.
– I declare upon your life the wisdom of the ancient to be an effective leader in the name of Jesus.
– Every deformity in your character is hereby flushed out by the blood of Jesus.
From your brother Alex
God bless you.