YOUR BIGGEST ENEMY IS NOT THE DEVIL, NEITHER IS IT WITCHES OR WIZARDS. YOUR BIGGEST ENEMY IS YOURSELF.
THE ONE WHO IS MORE THAN CONQUEROR IS THE ONE WHO HAS CONQUERED HIMSELF
- Pastor E. A. Adeboye at RCCG 69th Annual Convention Tagged ‘A New Wave Of Glory’ (Evening Session, Day 4)
*The greatest victory you could ever get is victory over yourself.
Now tonight, I want to talk about ‘More than Conquerors’, from the perspective of an inreach, not an outreach.
Life is work, from birth till you leave this world, it’s work. Even when you are being given birth to, it’s work, Genesis 28: 37 says that when a woman is in labour, she travails. As a matter of fact, the moment you arrive on earth, you begin to cry because as small as you are, you realise the battle has started.
If you are born and you did not cry, the midwife will pick you up, hold your head down and begin to slap your back. The first thing midwives do is that they cut-off your source of supply, the umbilical cord. Where you were coming from, in the womb, you didn’t have to make any effort, food was just coming, the temperature there is controlled, the right
temperature all the time, but when you come in to the world, welcome to war. You begin to grow and fight all manners of battles.
Mathew 10:36. If God shows you how many relatives wanted you to die in infancy, it will surprise you. Thank God you survived. Your household enemy could be your mother, it could be your father.
Look at Genesis 27, a mother plotted against her own son. Papa wanted to give the blessing to Esau, Mama manipulated the matter so it was Jacob who got it. What about Isaac himself? He said, ‘This is the voice of Jacob’. Why didn’t he wait?
Your enemy can be someone very close. What about in-laws when you marry, read 1 Samuel 18: 10-11 and you will see an inlaw throwing javelin at a son-in-law. Not to talk of principalities and powers, herbalists and all others, check Ephesians 6:12.
In this warfare, there are possibilities:
- Less than conqueror: A man is less than a conqueror when God is fighting against the fellow, like in Jonah 1: 1 – the end. It could be God just withdrawing His support, Joshua 7: 1-12. It could also be that God has just forsaken someone, Judges 16:18-the end. In all these cases, the person is less than a conqueror, he is a loser.
- A Conqueror: You are a conqueror if God is supporting you in the fight, 1 Samuel 17: 34-51, Joshua 10: 1-14.
- More than a Conqueror: That is when God is fighting for you, when He will give you victory without you fighting. Deuteronomy 28: 1-7, Exodus 14: 1-28.
That is outreach. Let us now look at it from the point of view of inreach.
Proverbs 16:32. Your biggest enemy is not the devil.
The Bible made it clear, you are more than conquerors through him that loved you.
Your number One enemy is yourself, the one who is more than conqueror is the one who has conquered himself.
The greatest victory you could ever get is victory over yourself.
The number one enemy of yourself is yourself, and he shows himself in many ways:
- Through Pride: Proverbs 23: 29. Witches don’t have to worry when you are proud, pride will do the job. James 4:6